The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=192643)

serenitytrek1 October 31 2012 12:31 AM

Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Our precious star wars has grown stale and is going to get a reboot like Star Trek thanks to Disney. Many star wars fans are already saying JJ Abrams :rolleyes: or Chris Nolan :) should direct the new star wars film.

How about Micheal Bay? :lol:

I know many people including myself are fans of Trek and Wars. So how do you guys think the new star wars films will impact the future of Star Trek movies?

A trek fan on IMDB believes that Paramount will have no choice but to push Trek even more into summer blockbuster territory if that's even possible.

(If he is right, I suggest Paramount ditch the obsessive secrecy and start giving Trek more Media exposure soon and fast)

It is no secret that the 09 Film was heavily influenced by star wars. JJ doesn’t deny itand yes it eliminated many core trek fans that hate star wars.

I hope this time around Nu-Star Trek does the influence on Nu-Star Wars .


If I remember correctly JJ's Trek is suppose to be a trilogy. So am guessing by the time the third Trek film is out in 2016 or 2017, a new star wars film will have been released in 2015.



Do you guys think a star wars reboot will be as good as star trek 2009? This is of course from a critical point of view as star wars unlike star trek has nevered suffered commercially.

F. King Daniel October 31 2012 01:15 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Disney have already announced that they are NOT rebooting Star Wars, but continuing it with Episodes VII, VIII and IX, with a new film every 2 years starting in 2015.

2015 may be the year Star Trek XIII arrives (or 2016 to coincide with Trek's 50th anniversary), which may be the end of Bad Robot's association with the franchise. So the future of TV/film Trek past that is anyone's guess.
Trek has a history of reacting to Star Wars (The Phase II pilot being remade into the first Trek film, the prequel series Enterprise after The Phantom Menace etc), so whatever direction SW VII takes may dictate what Trek does next.

Also this would be best suited to the Future of Trek forum.

Occupy TNZ October 31 2012 01:41 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7179352)
First of all,let me start by saying that I have no doubt in my mind that Star Trek 2009 is at least better than star wars episode 1,2,3 and 6.


However, Our precious star wars has grown stale and is going to get a reboot like Star Trek thanks to Disney. Many star wars fans are already saying JJ Abrams :rolleyes: or Chris Nolan :) should direct the new star wars film.

How about Micheal Bay? :lol:

I know many people including myself are fans of Trek and Wars. So how do you guys think the new star wars films will impact the future of Star Trek movies?

A trek fan on IMDB believes that Paramount will have no choice but to push Trek even more into summer blockbuster territory if that's even possible.

(If he is right, I suggest Paramount ditch the obsessive secrecy and start giving Trek more Media exposure soon and fast)

It is no secret that the 09 Film was heavily influenced by star wars. JJ doesn’t deny this and yes it eliminated many core trek fans that hate star wars.

I hope this time around Nu-Star Trek does the influence on Nu-Star Wars .


If I remember correctly JJ Trek is suppose to be a trilogy. So am guessing by the time the third trek film is out in 2016 or 2017, a new star wars film will have been released in 2015.



Do you guys think a star wars reboot will be as good as star trek 2009? This is of course from a critical point of view as star wars unlike star trek has nevered suffered commercially.

The scary part is that you actually edited this post.

serenitytrek1 October 31 2012 01:50 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 7179643)
Disney have already announced that they are NOT rebooting Star Wars, but continuing it with Episodes VII, VIII and IX, with a new film every 2 years starting in 2015.

2015 may be the year Star Trek XIII arrives (or 2016 to coincide with Trek's 50th anniversary), which may be the end of Bad Robot's association with the franchise. So the future of TV/film Trek past that is anyone's guess.
Trek has a history of reacting to Star Wars (The Phase II pilot being remade into the first Trek film, the prequel series Enterprise after The Phantom Menace etc), so whatever direction SW VII takes may dictate what Trek does next.

Also this would be best suited to the Future of Trek forum.


Reboot and continuation sometimes are the same thing.09 trek was suppose to be a reboot but it could also be seen as a continuation as the original time line , thanks to Spock Prime played an important role in the 09 film which is set in an alternate reality.

Star Wars 2015 may be the same thing. Episode 7 might have a brand new set of characters and brand new story however they might bring back one original character from the first 6 movies to guide the new cast/characters like Nimoy’s Spock prime.
So you see...Star Trek may have the influence on Star Wars this time around.:)

However you made a valid point when you said star trek always react to star wars. Take the first star trek film, that film won’t have happen if not for a new hope.


I am still rooting of JJ’s Trilogy if he manages to direct a third film. JJ Abrams Trek has every potential to be put in the same ranks as the lord of the rings and the original star wars trilogy.

Most star wars fans are kind of depressed as they believe that Disney might turn star wars into some kids bubblegum light hearted action stuff. Good thing is, I can never see Star Trek going that far not even when they try. Star Trek has always maintained its intellectually and maturity in comparison to other franchises.

serenitytrek1 October 31 2012 02:05 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 7179811)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7179352)
First of all,let me start by saying that I have no doubt in my mind that Star Trek 2009 is at least better than star wars episode 1,2,3 and 6.


However, Our precious star wars has grown stale and is going to get a reboot like Star Trek thanks to Disney. Many star wars fans are already saying JJ Abrams :rolleyes: or Chris Nolan :) should direct the new star wars film.

How about Micheal Bay? :lol:

I know many people including myself are fans of Trek and Wars. So how do you guys think the new star wars films will impact the future of Star Trek movies?

A trek fan on IMDB believes that Paramount will have no choice but to push Trek even more into summer blockbuster territory if that's even possible.

(If he is right, I suggest Paramount ditch the obsessive secrecy and start giving Trek more Media exposure soon and fast)

It is no secret that the 09 Film was heavily influenced by star wars. JJ doesn’t deny this and yes it eliminated many core trek fans that hate star wars.

I hope this time around Nu-Star Trek does the influence on Nu-Star Wars .


If I remember correctly JJ Trek is suppose to be a trilogy. So am guessing by the time the third trek film is out in 2016 or 2017, a new star wars film will have been released in 2015.



Do you guys think a star wars reboot will be as good as star trek 2009? This is of course from a critical point of view as star wars unlike star trek has nevered suffered commercially.

The scary part is that you actually edited this post.

Thanks for the insult...keep it classy. However if you have no real comment based on this particular topic, kindly lay off.

Set Harth October 31 2012 02:16 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote:
Star Wars 2015 may be the same thing.

Not really, unless they decide to introduce time travel.

KennyB October 31 2012 02:24 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
With a 2015 release something tells me they are well into preproduction already. I think the director and everything is already in place. You don't just drop something like this and not have everything ready.

Greg Cox October 31 2012 02:24 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7179883)
Most star wars fans are kind of depressed as they believe that Disney might turn star wars into some kids bubblegum light hearted action stuff.

The Marvel fans reacted the same way when the Mouse acquired Marvel. And you know what? It wasn't the end of the world. Marvel didn't get all Disneyfied--despite all the hand-wringing and dire predictions at the time.

Fans overreact sometimes.

serenitytrek1 October 31 2012 02:42 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

Set Harth wrote: (Post 7180036)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote:
Star Wars 2015 may be the same thing.

Not really, unless they decide to introduce time travel.

I see your point. Star Wars hardly does time travel since it is not really sci-fi. However they always have that Jedi ghost stuff. I can see Luke Skywalker coming back as a ghost to warn our new Jedis of another intergalactic threat. Thankfully Vulcan’s like TOS Spock don’t need to be ghosts they just live longer and can use a black or worm hole to travel back in time and warn our space explorers of the same threat.:)

Another reason why I favour trek over wars at times, I tend to enjoy potential science hypothesis like worm/black holes brought to life in a sci—fi film than ghost and spirits running around.

Admiral Buzzkill October 31 2012 03:40 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

Garak wrote: (Post 7179811)
Quote:

serenitytrek1 wrote: (Post 7179352)
First of all,let me start by saying that I have no doubt in my mind that Star Trek 2009 is at least better than star wars episode 1,2,3 and 6.


However, Our precious star wars has grown stale and is going to get a reboot like Star Trek thanks to Disney. Many star wars fans are already saying JJ Abrams :rolleyes: or Chris Nolan :) should direct the new star wars film.

How about Micheal Bay? :lol:

I know many people including myself are fans of Trek and Wars. So how do you guys think the new star wars films will impact the future of Star Trek movies?

A trek fan on IMDB believes that Paramount will have no choice but to push Trek even more into summer blockbuster territory if that's even possible.

(If he is right, I suggest Paramount ditch the obsessive secrecy and start giving Trek more Media exposure soon and fast)

It is no secret that the 09 Film was heavily influenced by star wars. JJ doesn’t deny this and yes it eliminated many core trek fans that hate star wars.

I hope this time around Nu-Star Trek does the influence on Nu-Star Wars .


If I remember correctly JJ Trek is suppose to be a trilogy. So am guessing by the time the third trek film is out in 2016 or 2017, a new star wars film will have been released in 2015.



Do you guys think a star wars reboot will be as good as star trek 2009? This is of course from a critical point of view as star wars unlike star trek has nevered suffered commercially.

The scary part is that you actually edited this post.

:guffaw: :guffaw:

Impact?

None.

Next.

Star Wars as "some kids bubblegum light hearted action stuff?" That would certainly be returning it to its 1977 roots.

Galileo7 October 31 2012 03:50 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 7179643)
Disney have already announced that they are NOT rebooting Star Wars, but continuing it with Episodes VII, VIII and IX, with a new film every 2 years starting in 2015.

2015 may be the year Star Trek XIII arrives (or 2016 to coincide with Trek's 50th anniversary), which may be the end of Bad Robot's association with the franchise. So the future of TV/film Trek past that is anyone's guess.
Trek has a history of reacting to Star Wars (The Phase II pilot being remade into the first Trek film, the prequel series Enterprise after The Phantom Menace etc), so whatever direction SW VII takes may dictate what Trek does next.

Agree. Only a positive impact as both Star Trek and Star Wars have successfully coexisted for thirty-five years.

controlfreak October 31 2012 06:19 AM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
I have a bad feeling about this.

Tom October 31 2012 02:11 PM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
I don't see anything different happening with Star Trek as a result of Disney acquiring Lucasfilm. if anything i would wish disney would buy Star Trek as they may actually do something with it beyond a movie every 3 to 4 years

serenitytrek1 October 31 2012 03:36 PM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Quote:

Tom wrote: (Post 7182022)
I don't see anything different happening with Star Trek as a result of Disney acquiring Lucasfilm. if anything i would wish disney would buy Star Trek as they may actually do something with it beyond a movie every 3 to 4 years


I see your point. I really wish star trek 13 will come out in 2015 however I know Paramount would be scared to do that now because the almighty Star Wars is coming back with a new film that same year.

But yes I don’t want to wait 3 or worse 4 years for every Trek film.

By the time the 3rd trek film comes out the actors will be looking old. The NU-Universe characters are suppose to be in their mid twenty now but most of the actors are already in their mid 30's and will be pushing 40 by the time third film comes out.

BillJ October 31 2012 07:40 PM

Re: Impact on Star Trek as Disney reboot Star Wars.
 
Likely to have a bigger impact on Trek on TV. CBS may wait for Disney to produce a series and its critcial/Neilsen reception before investing on weekly Trek again.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.