The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The 13th Doctor's era (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=192439)

Newspaper Taxi October 28 2012 10:35 PM

The 13th Doctor's era

Hello, Doctor Who fans! I am very ecstatic to be posting on an Internet-based message board. Where I come we don't have regular internet access for certain reasons -- this is the first time I'm posting on an internet based message board! I thought it would be fun to post on a Doctor-Who related forum as I've been a big fan since the 12th Doctor's era and the 13th is my favorite.

I haven't seen many topics about the 13th Doctor on this board -- and there only seems to be one based on the 12th Doctor, but I can kind of understand that. It was a hard act to follow after the Eccleston/Tennant/Smith trillogy and the writing took a 6/7th Doctor era dive in writing. (Glad it cleared up in time for 13's tenure!) I thought 12's actor was pretty decent, though. Even if it was an unusual Doctor by most standards.

But I love, love, love the 13th Doctor. My Favorite Doctor Who serial ever was "The Doctor's Only Fear". What an epic three parter! I'd been waiting for such a deep look at the Doctor's psychology and none plumbed the mental depthes like this one. (No actor other than the 13th could have pulled it off quite as well in my humble opinion.)

Sorry to ramble -- I'm just very excited. On a side note, can somebody explain the obession with the 11th Doctor on this forum? Was their a board-wide re-watch of his era or something? I mean, that guy's old news, right?

Good to chat with you in electronic format;
Newspaper Taxi (My online psudeonym)

Dukhat October 28 2012 10:48 PM

Re: The 13th Doctor's era

It's nowhere near April Fool's Day, so...whu?:confused:

zarkon October 28 2012 11:23 PM

I think the Epoch dropped you off in the wrong era

MacLeod October 28 2012 11:25 PM

Where did you get your TARDIS and can I "borrow" it?

Robert D. Robot October 29 2012 04:01 AM

I always thought that 12th Doctor's regeneration into a cat was rubbish, but I can not deny that many fans (both human and Omicronian) do love the 13th Doctor. I will also admit that the stories have gotten much better since the Head of Stephen Moffat is once again showrunner.

Sindatur October 29 2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Robert D. Robot wrote: (Post 7170748)
I always thought that 12th Doctor's regeneration into a cat was rubbish, but I can not deny that many fans (both human and Omicronian) do love the 13th Doctor. I will also admit that the stories have gotten much better since the Head of Stephen Moffat is once again showrunner.

Wait...Moffat literally is The Head Writer?

Peacemaker October 29 2012 04:20 AM

I have to admit, it really surprised me that RTD was asked to return for that year of specials between the 12th and 13th Doctor. Who knew they would actually do an
"evil Doctor" arc to get in the Valyard.

OmahaStar October 29 2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Peacemaker wrote: (Post 7170802)
I have to admit, it really surprised me that RTD was asked to return for that year of specials between the 12th and 13th Doctor. Who knew they would actually do an
"evil Doctor" arc to get in the Valyard.

a*hem*

Called it.

Peacemaker October 29 2012 08:03 PM

Yes, yes, you did. I'm not sure how I feel about Helen Raynor being the new showrunner though.

Samurai8472 October 29 2012 09:23 PM

Wow they brought back the original three doctors! I thought the regenerative treatments were in the approval phase.

Any one think one of them might bite Matt Smith since they still have some Zombie traits leftover?

I think Geri Haliwell did okay as the half Tardis half door knob creature.

And they brought back the sombrero!

Pindar October 29 2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7173409)

I think Geri Haliwell did okay as the half Tardis half door knob creature

This is my new wallpaper.

Mark_Nguyen October 30 2012 06:19 PM

Love the first bit, where the 13th Doctor stands up from regenerating, finds a mirror, and his first words are, "What, is this IT?!"

Mark

Peacemaker October 30 2012 07:02 PM

Yeah, but you have to admit, when the 12th Doctor stood up and farted first thing - it was really funny when she did that.

Mark_Nguyen October 31 2012 07:36 PM

...And then felt her head for a zipper...

...And THEN felt her chest. Damn, that was wizard.

Mark

Demonland November 1 2012 06:24 AM

Anyone heard the rumours about the 13th Doctor's final episode including all the living past Doctors as well as Forest Gump style stock footage of the dead Doctors?