The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   If you could own a shuttle, which one would it be? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=192292)

Abbynormal October 27 2012 02:27 AM

If you could own a shuttle, which one would it be?

w

Abbynormal October 27 2012 02:28 AM

Re: If you could own a shuttle, which one would it be?

Personally, I want a shuttle from Enterprise E.

KamenRiderBlade October 27 2012 04:37 AM

Delta Flyer

Captain Rob October 27 2012 08:18 AM

When I saw the thread title. I immediately thought of the Endeavour. It has the lowest miles and all I'd need is a really, really big towtruck. And a chainsaw for all of the trees. It's just sitting in a big garage in LA waiting to be nicked.

Bry_Sinclair October 27 2012 08:36 AM

Runabout, no contest.

Captain Rob October 27 2012 08:44 AM

Star Trek related answer would be the Argo from Nemesis. I'm sure it has all of the comforts of a runabout. Pluse a big cargo area with a vehicle for use on the ground. But the vehicle would have to be a warthog from Halo.

MacLeod October 27 2012 09:45 AM

Can I have the type that doesn't have the awful safety record? (If a type exists) :p

Mage October 27 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Captain Rob wrote: (Post 7163707)
Star Trek related answer would be the Argo from Nemesis. I'm sure it has all of the comforts of a runabout. Pluse a big cargo area with a vehicle for use on the ground. But the vehicle would have to be a warthog from Halo.

Judging from the size of the shuttle, the size of the buggie and the size of the runabout, I don't think there's much interior space left in the Argo-shuttle for comforts. Not unless you dump the buggie and refit the interior with a spacious cabin and such.

Anyway, for me it's either the Runabout or the Delta Flyer. People seem to forget that shuttle really are only the coupes of Star Trek, and really only good for a short trip. Where as the runabouts and the Flyer have big cabins with bunks and such for long, comfortable trips. They're the RV's of Star Trek. :D

Bamarren October 27 2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Captain Rob wrote: (Post 7163668)
When I saw the thread title. I immediately thought of the Endeavour. It has the lowest miles and all I'd need is a really, really big towtruck. And a chainsaw for all of the trees. It's just sitting in a big garage in LA waiting to be nicked.

That would make a great news story, and a hilarious police chase! Its up there with when they were moving the Enterprise down the Hudson (I think) they crashed it into one of the bridges and damaged a wing.

If I could own a shuttle? One of the runabouts from DS9, they've great names.

Forbin October 27 2012 03:16 PM

Whichever one we're has a bathroom!

T'Girl October 27 2012 05:10 PM

The one that belongs to the Grand Nagus.

:)

Captain Rob October 27 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Bamarren wrote: (Post 7164058)
Quote:

Captain Rob wrote: (Post 7163668)

That would make a great news story, and a hilarious police chase! Its up there with when they were moving the Enterprise down the Hudson (I think) they crashed it into one of the bridges and damaged a wing.

If I could own a shuttle? One of the runabouts from DS9, they've great names.

There's a great time-lapse video of the Endeavour being moved through the streets of LA on Youtube. Someone should take that video and run it backwards. And cut in scenes of police cars racing through the streets. And end it with the shuttle being taken away on a 747. All set to the chase music from 'Benny Hill Show". They could call it "NASA steals Endeavour back".
As for MY Argo shuttle. It's got room for everything I need.

TiberiusMaximus October 28 2012 01:09 AM

Scorpion-class attack fighter. Yeah, it's small and cramped, but it's awesome.

Or perhaps something more like Senator Vreenak's shuttle. About the same size as a runabout, but it has that cool Romulan aesthetic and a cloaking device. Yeah, I'd go with that.

KamenRiderBlade October 28 2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

TiberiusMaximus wrote: (Post 7166110)
Scorpion-class attack fighter. Yeah, it's small and cramped, but it's awesome.

Or perhaps something more like Senator Vreenak's shuttle. About the same size as a runabout, but it has that cool Romulan aesthetic and a cloaking device. Yeah, I'd go with that.

It would suck if you had to go to the bathroom while you were in the "Scorpion Class Attack Fighter".

TiberiusMaximus October 28 2012 02:03 AM

That's why you go beforehand. :D