The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Skyfall - Grading & Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=191911)

Agent Richard07 October 23 2012 01:15 AM

Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 


Quote:

When an operation in Istanbul ends in disaster, James Bond is missing and presumed to be dead, and the identities of every active undercover MI6 agent are leaked onto the internet. In the aftermath, questions are raised over M's ability to run the Secret Service, and she becomes the subject of a government review over her handling of the situation. When the service itself is attacked, Bond's sudden reappearance gives M the pretext she needs to seek out Raoul Silva, a dangerous villain claiming a personal connection to both of them but as he follows a trail from London to the South China Sea, Bond soon finds his loyalty to M challenged over secrets from her past. - Wikipedia

Admiral_Young October 23 2012 01:35 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
A little early yet for this isn't it? Perhaps not for the UK release which is less than a week away, but we're still three weeks from the North American release.

Agent Richard07 October 23 2012 01:49 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
^ Tomorrow's the UK premiere, then we have the UK release in 4 days, so I'm making it available.

I see that the movie is getting a lot of praise from those who've seen it, so that's good. And I still haven't heard Adele's song, so that'll be a surprise.

Samurai8472 October 23 2012 02:30 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
FYI. Might warn people about spoilers since it will be out before the US release date.

teacake October 23 2012 03:31 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
Does it look like there will be lots and lots of Judi Dench in this one or is that just my wishful thinking?

Kirkman1987 October 23 2012 05:31 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
I have high hopes for this one. The Trailers are great and the early reviews are positive. I really want a rebound after Quantum of Solace (one of my least favorites of the entire series.)

Admiral_Young October 23 2012 10:42 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
M looks to be a central figure to the plot as the trailers and plot description reveal, so yes I would say that there will be a satisfying amount of Dame Judi in the movie :)

MacLeod October 23 2012 11:08 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
A grading and discussion thread implies that there will be spoilers. As for the thread starting now a few days before the UK general release. I don't remember seeing many threads waiting for a UK/International release when that occurs after a US release. You can't apply a form of double standards, expect others to wait for a thread to be started because it hasn't been released yet in a particular country. Or we would be waiting weeks if not months till it had come out in all countries. The fairest and simplist way is to create the thread when a film/TV series first comes out no matter the country in which it first comes out.

teacake October 23 2012 11:37 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

MacLeod wrote: (Post 7145464)
A grading and discussion thread implies that there will be spoilers. As for the thread starting now a few days before the UK general release. I don't remember seeing many threads waiting for a UK/International release when that occurs after a US release. You can't apply a form of double standards, expect others to wait for a thread to be started because it hasn't been released yet in a particular country. Or we would be waiting weeks if not months till it had come out in all countries. The fairest and simplist way is to create the thread when a film/TV series first comes out no matter the country in which it first comes out.

:: claps ::

Samurai8472 October 23 2012 06:19 PM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

teacock wrote: (Post 7143979)
Does it look like there will be lots and lots of Judi Dench in this one or is that just my wishful thinking?




;)

Blip October 23 2012 09:57 PM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
*snorts coffee*

od0_ital October 23 2012 11:09 PM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7146664)
Quote:

teacock wrote: (Post 7143979)
Does it look like there will be lots and lots of Judi Dench in this one or is that just my wishful thinking?




;)

woo hoo!

:rofl:

trevanian October 24 2012 01:40 AM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
A couple of mentions that if you think about them too long will become spoilers on the third and fourth pages of this SKYFALL cinematography article online at: http://www.hdvideopro.com/display/fe...agent-man.html

MacLeod October 24 2012 11:49 PM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
Not long now until it's out.

Lonemagpie October 25 2012 03:13 PM

Re: Skyfall - Grading & Discussion
 
28 hours and 16 minutes till I see it...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.