The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=191464)

Starbreaker October 18 2012 03:23 AM

American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

American Horror Story - FX

American Horror Story: Asylum started tonight. I haven't watched any promos or read any info on it since it was announced that it was going to take in the past and feature Jessica Lange again.

I'm thinking this is going to have pretty strong ratings. Probably not Walking Dead ratings, but I think it will do well.

Icemizer October 18 2012 04:12 AM

Re: American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

I watched and really have no idea whats going on. Much better pacing than most of last years shows. Crank up the weird factor to 11.

Starbreaker October 18 2012 04:25 AM

Yeah, I was kind of confused. Felt like they crammed way too much into the first episode. It probably needs a rewatch from me.

marillion October 18 2012 05:04 AM

Loving it, so far... Not shocking "BAM IN YOUR FACE", but sufficiently creepy... Jessica Lange is brilliant... James Cromwell is pefectly cast as well.

kolibri October 18 2012 08:22 AM

I just watched it. Loved it. Definitely made a better impression than season one's first episode.

I hope Clea DuVall shows up more.

And Sister Mary Eunice is adorable. :lol:

Guy Gardener October 18 2012 09:54 AM

Just this second I am thinking... Where the fuck was Spock?

That sexy little bastard has top billing, so unless he's the beastly animal hiding in the shadow and i was looking away from my monitor when a glint of light briefly illuminated his ultra famous face... No... He's playing a Doctor?

But yes, muuuuuuuuuch better.

Gryffindorian October 18 2012 05:36 PM

I've read some positive reviews and previews about the season, and last night's episode proved to be an awesome start. Lots of familiar faces (including secondary characters played by Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Kate Mara) and some refreshing new ones like James Cromwell and Joseph Fiennes. That Evan Peters got fit(ter)!!! :drool: He wasn't like that during the first season. I can't wait until the next episode.

Rhaven October 18 2012 06:20 PM

I DVR'd it, I'll watch it tonight.

Ryan8bit October 18 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Icemizer wrote: (Post 7120828)
I watched and really have no idea whats going on. Much better pacing than most of last years shows. Crank up the weird factor to 11.

Same. But I remember the first episode of the first season was like that too, and then a few episodes in it was easier to grasp. Right now I'll just say it was entertaining, but confusing.

Worf2DS9 October 18 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Gryff O'Lantern wrote: (Post 7123345)
(including secondary characters played by Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Kate Mara)

Where was Kate Mara? I don't recall seeing her and didn't think she was one of the returnees from season 1.

Really liked the first episode and look forward to watching next week.

Gryffindorian October 18 2012 07:54 PM

^ Wasn't she the lesbian wife of Sara Paulson's character?

AvBaur October 18 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Gryff O'Lantern wrote: (Post 7124050)
^ Wasn't she the lesbian wife of Sara Paulson's character?

Nope, that's Clea DuVall. Kate Mara wasn't in this episode.

Gryffindorian October 18 2012 09:30 PM

^ Thanks. She looked sorta familiar to me. I must've seen her in another film/show.

1001001 October 18 2012 11:05 PM

I said it last season, and I'll say it again:

This show is messed up!

:lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out, including how it's tied to the modern day couple.

137th Gebirg October 19 2012 06:12 PM

So...hints of alien abduction now...a very interesting an unexpected twist. Did he hallucinate this or was it real? Perhaps the residual trauma of the abduction and subsequent "examination" is the root of perceived earth-bound supernatural activity for people who experience them. Perhaps there is an implied correlation between abduction stories and paranormal activity.

Never saw that one coming. I am intrigued...