The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   so THATS why some of the cast didn't like Diana Muldaur (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=191113)

Borjis October 15 2012 12:05 AM

so THATS why some of the cast didn't like Diana Muldaur

she got paid more. (click on the next gen segment)

http://emmytvlegends.org/interviews/...diana-muldaur#

dg1379 October 16 2012 02:11 AM

Re: so THATS why some of the cast didn't like Diana Muldaur

Wonder why she said Gene died between 2nd and 3rd seasons when he in fact died a couple years afterwards? Honest mistake? Still a good interview though.

trekker670 October 16 2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

dg1379 wrote: (Post 7109293)
Wonder why she said Gene died between 2nd and 3rd seasons when he in fact died a couple years afterwards? Honest mistake? Still a good interview though.

It's a conspiracy!

billcosby October 16 2012 05:35 AM

Wasn't there some sort of Roddenberry clause in contracts for his actresses-turned-comfort-women?

Dream October 16 2012 06:03 AM

Diana Muldaur didn't want to sign a standard five seasons contract with TNG, so they let her leave her and brought back Gates McFadden. The producers REALLY didn't want three different CMDs for the first three seasons.

Vanyel October 16 2012 09:36 PM

I also don't buy her "there was nothing creative about it" after Roddenberry died. Season 3 marked the beginning of TNG's best episodes.

Seven of Five October 16 2012 09:59 PM

I wonder if she even watched the show, being as she was a little mixed up over when he died?

It's a really nice interview on the whole though. I really appreciated Pulaski in season two, and have ever since read very little about Diane Muldaur's time on the show. Or before and after, for that matter. Well, whatever I have read or watched has only left positive vibes. It wasn't her fault she was paid more, or that she replaced Gates McFadden in the first place.

Dream October 17 2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Seven of Five wrote: (Post 7113121)
It wasn't her fault she was paid more

I'm sure being friends with Roddenberry had something to do with that!:lol:

But the rest of the TNG cast ended up being paid more in the end after seven seasons (six for McFadden) and also four movies.

Merry Christmas October 17 2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 7110046)
The producers REALLY didn't want three different CMDs for the first three seasons.

Could have been an interesting way to go with the series though, new doctor at the beginning of each season. Look at how many Chief Engineers Picard went through.

:)

Seven of Five October 17 2012 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=Dream;7113838]
Quote:

I'm sure being friends with Roddenberry had something to do with that!:lol:/[quote]

Good point! I just meant that she didn't want to be tied down for several ears, hence the Guest Star contract.

Quote:

But the rest of the TNG cast ended up being paid more in the end after seven seasons (six for McFadden) and also four movies.
Yeah, moot point really.

Seven of Five October 17 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 7113838)
Quote:

I'm sure being friends with Roddenberry had something to do with that!:lol:

Good point! I just meant that she didn't want to be tied down for several ears, hence the Guest Star contract.

Quote:

Yeah, moot point really.

FelizNavidad October 17 2012 08:47 AM

One thing I really want to know is if she was ever asked to return later in the series' run. I just think what a missed opportunity it would have been to see Pulaski and Crusher match wits in Season 5's "Ethics". I know she didn't like her time with Season 2, but Crosby didn't like her time during Season 1 and she returned 6 times (Yesterday's Enterprise, The Minds Eye, the two Redemption Episodes, and the Unification 2 parter).

Santa Claus October 17 2012 11:16 AM

I love Gates McFadden, but Diana Muldaur's Pulaski really clicked for me. I would have been happy having her around in some capacity for the entire series run.

EmperorTiberius October 17 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Rainbow Dash wrote: (Post 7116742)
I love Gates McFadden, but Diana Muldaur's Pulaski really clicked for me. I would have been happy having her around in some capacity for the entire series run.

Same here. I like her sense of humor.

lurok October 17 2012 06:46 PM

Glad there are other Muldaur/Pulaski fans. I find McFadden (infact most of TNG) dull.