The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   How often do you watch DS9? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=190468)

Marie1 October 8 2012 02:27 AM

How often do you watch DS9?

ls what l would be saying if l hadn't accidentally pushed the submit button instead of the preview one.

So to use this thread - how often do you watch DS9 now? lt hasn't been new in quite some time and l'm sure some of you have at least your favourite parts memorized. l remember many minor scenes with the Jem'hadar. So when it's on or you have time to watch - do you still watch DS9... or something new???

BillJ October 8 2012 04:53 AM

Re: How often do you watch DS9?

I haven't watched an episode in three or four months and haven't watched much of any Trek lately.

TheRoyalFamily October 8 2012 04:56 AM

Well, right now I watch it most every day. But before two weeks ago, hadn't seen it in years. Didn't really watch it when it was on (it was too late), but I caught a bunch when it was running on Spike back in 05/06. I saw some SFDebris stuff, saw his review of Duet, and that was powerful enough that I had to watch the whole episode. Almost got a Netfilx account just for that, but it's also on Amazon Prime, so I lucked out.

callea October 8 2012 06:37 AM

I've been watching it almost every day for a week or two. Since 2001 til a couple weeks ago, the only Trek I watched was the JJ Abrams movie and a about half the TOS episodes.

I think I've finally recovered from the emotional scarring left by Enterprise.

Jono October 8 2012 07:40 AM

I haven't watched a full episode of DS9 for at least 6 months. It is currently not on FTA here so I don't have an option of watching it on TV.

Sindatur October 8 2012 05:06 PM

I watched when DS9 was airing in First run, got the DVD sets about 5 years ago, and watched them all straight through, and a few months back watched them all straight through again (As well as Voyager and Enterprise).

I don't watch much new TV (Watching 3 new shows a week is a lot for me, typically, I only have 1 or two, currently only watching Once Upon a Time and looking forward tot he return of The Walking Dead). So, I watch old stuff, I want to rewatch or never saw (Just finished Earth Final Conflict for the first time, and currently watching Andromeda for the first time) at about the rate of a Season a week.

I rarely watch a single selected episode of something, so, generally, I'll start with the first episode and work my way through the entire show.

I want to rewatch Babylon 5 and Farscape again soon and still need to watch all of TNG (Only watched in first airing and the random rerun episode, never had a full rewatch of TNG) and want to go through all of TOS/TAS, so, it'll be quite some time before I return to DS9 again.

pimp October 8 2012 05:33 PM

I tend to watch the entire series once a year. I am the kinda guy who has to start the series and finish it, watching every episode.

Beta-Z October 8 2012 07:02 PM

It's right now on the air on Tele5 here in Germany :D

Sykonee October 8 2012 09:22 PM

Haven't watched any since my DS9 Versus thread. I'll usually marathon the series every few years, but since a lot of it is so ingrained now, just reading a watch thread can feel like it's playing on the tele'. Yeah, weird, I know.

R. Star October 8 2012 10:42 PM

I went through all seven seasons a few months ago, but haven't really watched it since. I'm slowly trudging through Voyager at the rate of two or three episodes a week. I'll usually just put an episode one when I'm ready to go to bed and fall asleep half way through. No big deal since I've seen it all. :p

Tora Ziyal October 9 2012 04:27 PM

I did a marathon about a year ago, when Netflix started streaming it. Haven't watched it since.

grabthars hammer October 10 2012 01:28 PM

Run through the whole series about once a year, skipping 'Move Along Home' and 'Meridian'.

pimp October 10 2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

grabthars hammer wrote: (Post 7083136)
Run through the whole series about once a year, skipping 'Move Along Home' and 'Meridian'.

lol made me laugh :lol: I know the feeling when watching these episodes. Also for me another episodes fits this "non watch-able episode" is the one when they go to risa and have a weather hijack problem :scream: (something along those lines)

RandyS October 11 2012 12:10 AM

I started a rewatch on September 29, after finishing my Babylon 5 rewatch the very day that B5 captain Michael O'Hare died. As of today, I started season two. Today was "The Circle" Trilogy. I average anywhere from one to four episodes a day, depending on time, etc.

SJSharksfan39 October 11 2012 12:30 AM

Last time I might have seen an episode was several months ago. Ever since finishing TNG Season 1 on blu-ray, I've only seen like 2 episodes of Star Trek and that was Voyager season 5.