The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Retro Review: Meridian (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=190255)

TrekToday October 5 2012 09:30 PM

Retro Review: Meridian
 
On a planet that phases into a different dimension for the better part of each century, Dax falls in love with a man she can only stay with for a week – unless she chooses to stay for a lifetime. Plot Summary: While performing a survey in the Gamma Quadrant, the Defiant crew is astonished [...]

More...

Distorted Humor October 5 2012 11:33 PM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Quote:

TrekToday wrote: (Post 7061938)
On a planet that phases into a different dimension for the better part of each century, Dax falls in love with a man she can only stay with for a week unless she chooses to stay for a lifetime. Plot Summary: While performing a survey in the Gamma Quadrant, the Defiant crew is astonished [...]

More...

I always found Tiron, as creepy as he is (and he is wonderfully creepy) to be less creepy then Dax's squeeze.

Admiral_Sisko October 6 2012 01:22 AM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
The "B" plot of this episode is better than its counterpart, and it the only reason I watch it now. For Jadzia to fall in love with someone she just met was completely out of character for her, as was Sisko's decision to allow her leave of absence from Starfleet.

Drago-Kazov October 6 2012 10:38 AM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Poor Bashir, that guy just got her in like 5 minutes.

Kira Nerys October 6 2012 03:51 PM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
I can't stand this episode in any capacity .It is one I usually skip when rewatch the DVD of Ds9.

scotthm October 6 2012 06:24 PM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Quote:

Kira Nerys wrote: (Post 7064992)
I can't stand this episode in any capacity .It is one I usually skip when rewatch the DVD of Ds9.

It's hands down the worst DS9 episode.

---------------

Distorted Humor October 6 2012 10:51 PM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Quote:

scotthm wrote: (Post 7065463)
Quote:

Kira Nerys wrote: (Post 7064992)
I can't stand this episode in any capacity .It is one I usually skip when rewatch the DVD of Ds9.

It's hands down the worst DS9 episode.

---------------

The B plot is somewhat entertaining. I would put the episode above "Let He Who is without Sin..." and "Profit and Lace", and on par with "The Muse"

Its still a bad episode, but I am not sure it is the worse of DS9

Tom Riker October 25 2012 12:59 AM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Meridian: Ship’s Log: In direct violation of the Prime Directive and Starfleet Procedure, not to
mention the demands of the Dominion that we stay the hell out of their space, I’ve taken the
Defiant on a survey mission into the Gamma Quadrant. These idiots are gonna start a war.

Timo October 25 2012 09:05 AM

Re: Retro Review: Meridian
 
Well, they know there's gonna be a war anyway. Why not go and cruise and bruise some enemy territory beforehand? It seems the Dominion knows everything there is to know about the Alpha Quadrant, while Starfleet knows nothing about the Gamma Quadrant. Something ought to be done about that. And a heavily armed and cloaked "science vessel" is the best way to go.

Timo Saloniemi


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.