The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Boss on Starz (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=190069)

SimpleLogic October 4 2012 10:46 AM

Boss on Starz

I just recently watched this and boy was I blown away. Kelsey Grammer as Mayor Tom Kane is as far removed from Frasier as I have ever seen. As the mayor of Chicago he is basically more like a mob boss. And as the theme song suggests, "Satan your kingdom must come down.":devil:

Who else really enjoys this show?

Guy Gardener October 4 2012 11:11 AM

Re: Boss on Starz

10 episodes in season 2.

I really should have rewatched season one before starting season two.

kelsey seems to have known that this was inside him the whole time but never found a project to drive it

SimpleLogic October 4 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 7053889)
kelsey seems to have known that this was inside him the whole time but never found a project to drive it

I agree I've always enjoyed his work so it is nice to see him be an mean SOB.

Frasier is done "listening" now he's telling, and it is awesome.:evil:

the G-man October 5 2012 01:22 AM

I watched the first season (there's a thread about it someone) on DVD about two months ago. It was all kinds of of awesome. I can't wait for season 2 on DVD.

Temis the Vorta October 5 2012 02:26 AM

Hmm, I've been thinking about watching it, it's not the most high profile show around so it keeps slipping my mind.

the G-man October 5 2012 02:54 AM

It was one the most addictive things I've seen in years. I can't recommend it highly enough.

DarKush October 5 2012 03:58 AM

I'm a big fan. Season 2 is shaping up to be almost as good as Season 1 was. If possible, I highly recommend checking out Season 1 before you watch Season 2 though, if someone is just getting started. But by all means, I say watch it, because the show needs more viewership.

SimpleLogic October 5 2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Temis the Friendly Ghost wrote: (Post 7057912)
Hmm, I've been thinking about watching it, it's not the most high profile show around so it keeps slipping my mind.

I don't even have cable, I happened to catch it on OnDemand while house sitting for a relative, I couldn't stop watching.

Mark_Nguyen October 5 2012 06:20 PM

THIS is the man I know Captain Morgan Bateson to be.

Mark

Guy Gardener October 6 2012 06:10 AM

Really?

When I read "Ship of the Line", all it said about Morgan and his crew is that they drank.

A lot.

Drago-Kazov October 6 2012 03:29 PM

He was also the most senior officer in the entire Federation.

Guy Gardener October 7 2012 09:16 AM

Most senior Captain... Although Vulcans have been around for a while.

Any Fleet Captian on their fist day can push him around.

Temis the Vorta October 7 2012 07:06 PM

Funny, what little buzz I'd heard about the show was that S1 was merely okay but S2 was better. I can't help with ratings since I dropped cable but I've never been in the Nielsens anyway, and I do know Netflix counts, if only a tiny bit. :D

DarKush October 21 2012 08:53 PM

The season 2 finale was good, though I was hoping for a bit more resolution with Ian. For a brief second, I thought Kane was going to off his wife. Kane is such a wonderfully monstrous character. Looking forward to season 3.

Guy Gardener October 21 2012 10:51 PM

resolution?

I was rewatching some Ally McBeal the night before, and it's hilarious to see how Gil has aged because I'm mean, but seeing him strut as a smooth sinister manipulative businessman here, makes me think "FUCK YOU SMALLVILLE".