The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Much love to Kes (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=189934)

laika October 3 2012 03:05 AM

Much love to Kes

You know, I get asked what my favorite ST series is..and I always reply: "Voyager." ...and then I'm asked for my favorite character...
While, there are a few VERY close seconds (the Doctor & Janeway).. Kes is truly my favorite! Anyone else feel similarly?:shrug:

teacake October 3 2012 03:08 AM

Re: Much love to Kes

Lynx should hopefully be along shortly, he loves Kes :)

laika October 3 2012 03:19 AM

on a side note....and completely unrelated...my adhd has apparently kicked in, and this makes me feel oh so happy:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4cyx81m1c

teacake October 3 2012 03:44 AM

I'd post some Suck My Spock but it really belongs in the TOS forum where.. it doesn't really belong.

I guess I'll just have to write my own JANEWAY PUNK THRASHER STUFFS!!!

laika October 3 2012 03:49 AM

janeway. punk. thrasher. band. its onnnnnnn. I've always imagined a sweet, badass, punk rock roller derby team w Janeway as the captain (duh) and then there's Kes, T'Pol and Crusher beating some ass....not Troi...Troi's a pussy...I digress, apologies. ..

teacake October 3 2012 04:07 AM

Troi: "I'm feeling... OH MY GOD"

R. Star October 3 2012 04:20 AM

Kes would have been much more interesting if the writers seemed to have any idea what they wanted to do with her.

You_Will_Fail October 3 2012 03:20 PM

Kes and Neelix too an extent were oddities in Trek, that's what makes them kind of interesting.

Lynx October 3 2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

laika wrote: (Post 7047751)
You know, I get asked what my favorite ST series is..and I always reply: "Voyager." ...and then I'm asked for my favorite character...
While, there are a few VERY close seconds (the Doctor & Janeway).. Kes is truly my favorite! Anyone else feel similarly?:shrug:

Yes!
Kes is my favorite too! :techman:

Bry_Sinclair October 4 2012 03:20 PM

I really liked Kes, I rank her as my second favourite character on VOY (after Torres and before Tuvok). Her relationship with Neelix was always cringeworthy, so I was happy when they split them up as she was no longer Neelix's girlfriend and could start to be a character in her own right.

She was a sweet, warm, 'innocent' character, who deserved to stay. But there is a real passion and awe to her as well, her line in Caretaker ("I saw the sunlight") was excellently delivered, that you just felt her joy and wonder at something so simple that we take for granted.

She was a far more interesting character than Seven. I sometimes wonder what would happen when she entered the Elogium, who (if anyone) she would choose as a mate.

laika October 4 2012 04:26 PM

I agree, I am more of a fan of Kes, as opposed to "Neelix's girlfriend, Kes."

teacake October 4 2012 11:47 PM

My favorite Kes was the Warlord one. I hadn't seen it in years but when I recently rewatched it I was all WHOA!! Why couldn't we have more of that?

R. Star October 5 2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

teacock wrote: (Post 7056976)
My favorite Kes was the Warlord one. I hadn't seen it in years but when I recently rewatched it I was all WHOA!! Why couldn't we have more of that?

Yeah the story was crappy if not downright silly but Jennifer Lien really put her all into that one. Seven of Nine never had a dialogue that powerful.

Bry_Sinclair October 5 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Zombie Redshirt wrote: (Post 7057687)
Yeah the story was crappy if not downright silly but Jennifer Lien really put her all into that one. Seven of Nine never had a dialogue that powerful.

Why they couldn't have kept Kes as well as Seven I don't understand, as both had very different roles. They should've just gotten rid of Kim as they planned, or better yet Neelix (his role as guide was over, so all he had left was ship's cook, so you could have removed him without any great loss).

Bumbles861 October 5 2012 05:04 PM

I have had the same thoughts over the years. I can't see any reason why they could not have kept Kes at the same time have Seven on board. I think Kes could have had a lot to offer to Seven's 'learning'.