The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dalek vs Borg (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=189841)

RB_Kandy October 2 2012 03:43 AM

Dalek vs Borg
 
Who would win?

Nerys Myk October 2 2012 04:43 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
The Cylons

MacLeod October 2 2012 04:49 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
I'm going to have to go with the Daleks.

to paraphrase them

"We would defeat the Borg with one Dalek."

Dream October 2 2012 04:58 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
The Borg.

The Dalek can't even beat one nerdy guy wearing a bow tie! :p

ngc7293 October 2 2012 05:42 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
It would start out as a draw, but like Species 8472, the Borg can't think creatively, All they want to do is inject nanoprobes etc. While the Daleks assume they are superior to all life (much like 8472) the Borg want to consume what ever tech they can.
It will be a fight at first, but the Borg will simply keep throwing drones at the Daleks and losing them. The Daleks will win by default. IMHO :)

Timo October 2 2012 06:39 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Isn't the thing about Daleks that they have never faced a credible foe, because the Doctor makes sure mankind never changes, never evolves, and never develops anything better than a 5.56mm assault rifle till the day the universe winds down? In contrast, the Borg have already faced basically every conceivable kind of foe, plus a few inconceivable ones, and persevered.

Thus, while the "infantry" in both camps wears supposedly impenetrable armor, the armor of the Borg is orders of magnitude better nevertheless. Of course, the Daleks have a very powerful anti-personnel raygun, but the Borg are accustomed to rayguns of all sorts. Funnily enough, they don't have a characteristic raygun of their own, so it remains a mystery how a Borg Drone would actually attack a Dalek warrior...

But speaking of adapting, the Daleks supposedly already know how to deal with Cybermen, while no encounter between the Borg and squat little single-person hovertanks has been reported yet.

Timo Saloniemi

Worf's Beard October 2 2012 12:52 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
The Borg. The Daleks can't even go up the stairs. ;)

(I know... I know...).

MacLeod October 2 2012 04:08 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 7043035)
The Borg.

The Dalek can't even beat one nerdy guy wearing a bow tie! :p


Well you can't kill a god, though in Dalek terms I think the devil would be more apt to describe the Doctor.

C.E. Evans October 2 2012 04:11 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Yeah, I definitely would have to say the Doctor would win.

horatio83 October 2 2012 06:02 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
The Borg because the assimilate whereas the Daleks exterminate.

MacLeod October 2 2012 06:08 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7044745)
Yeah, I definitely would have to say the Doctor would win.

Well the Doctor can get enemies to run away/back down at the mere mention of his bname.

"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the Universe, look me up."

C.E. Evans October 2 2012 08:09 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Quote:

MacLeod wrote: (Post 7045276)
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7044745)
Yeah, I definitely would have to say the Doctor would win.

Well the Doctor can get enemies to run away/back down at the mere mention of his bname.

"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the Universe, look me up."

Most Recent Search Tags for the Doctor:
Merlin, The Oncoming Storm, The Destroyer of Worlds, Predator of the Daleks

The Wormhole October 2 2012 09:40 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Borg: "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
Dalek: "We will exterminate you! Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Borg: "Extermination is irrelevant."
Dalek: "You are irrelevant!"

The Daleks totally win this fight.

Wereghost October 2 2012 09:59 PM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7046137)
Borg: "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."
Dalek: "We will exterminate you! Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Borg: "Extermination is irrelevant."
Dalek: "You are irrelevant! ...B!TCH!"

The Daleks totally win this fight.

FTFY.

Daleks for the win. The Borg are too well-rounded, rational and lacking in ambition, something that the universe-threatening Daleks certainly aren't. Maybe in another several thousand years...

Nerys Myk October 3 2012 01:41 AM

Re: Dalek vs Borg
 
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7045795)
Quote:

MacLeod wrote: (Post 7045276)
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 7044745)
Yeah, I definitely would have to say the Doctor would win.

Well the Doctor can get enemies to run away/back down at the mere mention of his bname.

"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest library in the Universe, look me up."

Most Recent Search Tags for the Doctor:
Merlin, The Oncoming Storm, The Destroyer of Worlds, Predator of the Daleks

The search now comes up with "Doctor who?"


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.