The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Enterprises (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=189580)

Captain McBain September 29 2012 02:18 AM

Enterprises

Of all the ships named Enterprise, which of them would you most want to serve on, and which would be your last choice?

mupps September 29 2012 03:29 AM

Re: Enterprises

Any of them bar early seasons TNG....I just couldn't pull off those man skirt uniforms they had.

No legs for them.

Oh and probably not Archer's Enterprise, the man was a muppet.

Captain McBain September 29 2012 04:02 AM

Not a fan of men in skirts, huh? Actually, I believe they were called 'skants.'

-Brett- September 29 2012 04:07 AM

It would probably be the Enterprise-D by default, since that was the only one civillians worked on.

Captain McBain September 29 2012 04:47 AM

I'd opt for the Enterprise-D. It's the ship I grew up watching the most and I'd love harassing Data with tons of questions.

Nerys Myk September 29 2012 04:53 AM

I'd serve on Kirk's ship(s)

Would not serve on the C.

MacLeod September 29 2012 10:07 AM

Ship wise I might go for the E, as for Captain wise I'm leaning more towards Kirk (so long as I was wearing a nice gold shirt)

King Daniel Into Darkness September 29 2012 10:46 AM

The 2009 version of the original Enterprise! I'd better remember to pack some sunglasses, though.

Drago-Kazov September 29 2012 11:23 AM

2009 version and i would not touch Archer's with a ten foot pole.

The Wormhole September 29 2012 01:29 PM

Most want: The E
Least want: Abramsprise.

Forbin September 29 2012 02:43 PM

CVN-65 off Viet Nam.

Bry_Sinclair September 29 2012 03:58 PM

Enterprise-C for me please. Love the Ambassador-Class and loved Captain Rachel Garrett, definately the kind of Captain I would follow to hell and back (or at the very least a last stand at Narendra III).

I would hate to serve on the NX-01 (sorry but I just can't take Archer seriously as the Captain of such an important ship, a garbage scow maybe) or the Nu-Enterprise (especially if it is stupidly big, whilst the over-active lense flare generator would give me permanent migraines).

E-DUB September 29 2012 04:00 PM

The ring ship.

T'Cal September 29 2012 04:13 PM

I would like to be Tactical Officer on the NCC-1701-C under Captain Garrett, a strong and capable leader of a storied starship. When Tasha Yar appeared, I'd kill her immediately upon sight. I'd avoid the NCC-1701-B because Harriman was clearly a buffoon, or at least compared to the ultimate captain, James T. Kirk, he was.

sbk1234 September 29 2012 05:35 PM

Considering what happened to Enterprise-C, it wouldn't be that!

Probably the Enterprise-D since it would be the most stable, comfortable place to be. A nice bar, holodecks, arboretum. I'd ignore the men in the skants, but I'd still get a nice view of the ladies in theirs. (On MY Enterprise, ALL of the women would be wearing them, and they'd be hot, like Kate Middleton.