The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Why TNG will never surpass TOS (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=188737)

izarian September 20 2012 06:57 PM

Why TNG will never surpass TOS

Because TOS is...human...and not some stiff politically correct joke like TNG. The men act like emasculated weeners and the women act like they're frigid...except for Deanna Troi and Beverly Crusher...and the uninhibited Lwaxana Troi ain't too shabby either.;) There is nothing real about it. People are gonna take the TOS women anyday in their uniform skirts as opposed to TNG "women" in their unisex longjohns. :guffaw:

Locutus of Board September 20 2012 07:04 PM

Re: Why TNG will never surpass TOS

http://i.imgur.com/wdcDm.jpg

izarian September 20 2012 07:04 PM

Why didn't Data and the boyishly handsome Riker never get married?:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

C.E. Evans September 20 2012 07:07 PM

I think they made more TNG episodes than TOS episodes, but I may be wrong...

Drago-Kazov September 20 2012 08:26 PM

Picard is just more stiff, he has a different command style.

Hartzilla2007 September 20 2012 08:35 PM

Honestly I think TNG will never surpass TOS because when i was growing up in the 90s I noticed that pop culture seems to be more familiar with TOS than TNG and I'm not getting any feeling that this has changed much if at all.

Skywalker September 20 2012 08:36 PM

TNG has surpassed TOS in terms of my own personal enjoyment, and that's all that really matters to me.

izarian September 20 2012 08:49 PM

Yeah right, whenever somebody says the truth they're a troll. What I'm sayin' is pretty damn obvious. Why then the slouching back to TOS with the 2009 Abrams movie??? Why the half-assed attempt to get back to basics? I'll tell ya why. Because the liberals in Hollywood and paramount went too far with the cerebral unisex longjohns HS, that's why. You got women acting so uptight they seen frigid and men scared to death to look at any woman in a sexually suggestive way for risk of offending their human dignity. What liberal hypersensitive HS. You sure didn't have that hypersensitive politically correct BS overshadowing the production of TOS back in the 1960s. That is why TOS will always be better. But that's the way paramount wanted it. Who told them to put TOS out to pasture with Undiscovered Country? Nobody. Who told them to knock off Kirk in Generations? Nobody. Now Shatner is too old and fat to play Kirk. I'm open-minded. Put some 30-ish actors in front of some spiffy ipanels and have them act like men and I'll buy it....and some space babes with enough basic intelligence to keep their mouths shut while the men handle things and I'll buy that too. This hyper-progressive Aldous Huxley crap just ain't gonna work anymore...but you can't tell paramount that. They'll blow another 200 million on a 2nd Abrams movie before they'll learn.:lol: p.s. I'm a troll for sayin' all this, right?:devil:

grabthars hammer September 20 2012 08:52 PM

this subject got covered in a line in Waynes World, didn't it?

NrobbieC September 20 2012 08:53 PM

Everything surpassed TOS...a long time ago

izarian September 20 2012 08:56 PM

If the villain in the next JJ Abrams "Star Trek" is Khan...will he be immune to lens flares?:rofl:

izarian September 20 2012 08:58 PM

special effects wise, yes. viable human drama-wise, no.

NewHorizon September 20 2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

izarian wrote: (Post 6990928)
Yeah right, whenever somebody says the truth they're a troll.

An opinion is one person's truth.

Both shows are a product of their time. I love them both. If you like one more than the other, good for you. For me, they both offer something different to ponder.

Maple Dog September 20 2012 10:04 PM

The worste thing in TNG,was in the first season,guys wearing girls uniform,WTF was that about?

C.E. Evans September 20 2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Maple Dog wrote: (Post 6991183)
The worste thing in TNG,was in the first season,guys wearing girls uniform,WTF was that about?

To show that it wasn't the 20th-Century anymore and that people in that time didn't make a big deal about it.