The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Continuum (UK) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=188557)

MacLeod September 18 2012 07:35 PM

Continuum (UK)

Just a quick one for my fellow Brits, this arrives on our side of the Pond on Thursday the 27th of September.

Lonemagpie September 18 2012 08:33 PM

Re: Continuum (UK)

Might watch this- it sounds kind of like Time Trax, but done right...

Guy Gardener September 18 2012 08:47 PM

The worst thing Time Trax did was pretend that it wasn't being filmed in Australia.

MacLeod September 18 2012 08:55 PM

I'll give it a go, after all with DW ending that week, got to get my Sci-Fi fix.

I'll just have to remember on Thursday to program it into my Sky Planner.

Kegg September 18 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

MacLeod wrote: (Post 6980872)
I'll give it a go, after all with DW ending that week, got to get my Sci-Fi fix.

I'll just have to remember on Thursday to program it into my Sky Planner.

Pretty much this, only swap out Doctor Who with Falling Skies, which ended a couple weeks back. It looks interesting, it's going to get a second season, and it exists. Actually thought about creating a thread after I saw the pilot, now obviously won't have to.

MacLeod September 19 2012 12:31 AM

Well I haven't seen the pilot, so I'm happy to give it ago. Worst case is I waste an hour, it's ot like I haven't done that before with a TV programme.

nickyboy September 19 2012 01:29 AM

It is great show.

Mr. Laser Beam September 19 2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 6980806)
The worst thing Time Trax did was pretend that it wasn't being filmed in Australia.

And not have a proper ending. Or indeed any kind of ending.

Rory1080p September 19 2012 05:41 AM

my mum is pretty hyped for it cause of all the people from other Sci-Fi shows who are apparently in it, will probably watch the first few episodes with her and see what I think :)

John Clark September 19 2012 03:47 PM

I'll be checking it out.

Thursday may be turning into a good tv night for me as Warehouse 13, this and soon enough Red Dwarf will be on:)

Deckerd September 19 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

MacLeod wrote: (Post 6980419)
Just a quick one for my fellow Brits, this arrives on our side of the Pond on Thursday the 27th of September.

What channel?

John Clark September 19 2012 04:07 PM

Syfy - though most of the adverts I've seen for it have been on Universal so far.

Edit to add - It's on at 10pm

Deckerd September 19 2012 04:21 PM

No use to me then.

The Wormhole September 19 2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Rory1080p wrote: (Post 6983155)
my mum is pretty hyped for it cause of all the people from other Sci-Fi shows who are apparently in it, will probably watch the first few episodes with her and see what I think :)

Since it was filmed in Vancouver you'll find a lot of actors showing up who had prominent roles on Stargate and or BSG, among other shows. Of course, the pilot features a guest star well known to X-Files fans.

Rory1080p September 20 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 6985114)
Quote:

Rory1080p wrote: (Post 6983155)

Since it was filmed in Vancouver you'll find a lot of actors showing up who had prominent roles on Stargate and or BSG, among other shows. Of course, the pilot features a guest star well known to X-Files fans.

cool, loved BSG and Stargate :) ooh, the X-Files is great so I look forward to that then!