The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Could the "new" villain be....???? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=188479)

los2188 September 17 2012 11:32 PM

Could the "new" villain be....????

Just a thought....any chance that the villain in the next Trek movie is Jim Kirk's older brother?? I know, I know....it was just a thought but highly unlikely.

Lt. Zanne September 17 2012 11:49 PM

Re: Could the "new" villain be....????

how would he be villianous?

StarMan September 18 2012 12:00 AM

The role has been described as "iconic". I don't believe Jim Kirk's older brother falls into this category.

Khan. :techman:

Lt. Zanne September 18 2012 12:10 AM

frankly, I think the word iconic is thrown around so often its meaning has no value. but khan is definitely a guy we all know...

los2188 September 18 2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

StarMan wrote: (Post 6976627)
The role has been described as "iconic". I don't believe Jim Kirk's older brother falls into this category.

Khan. :techman:

I know, I know...it was just a random thought, however, do you think Kirk's brother in some way could be a villain given the right circumstances? I mean all the attention, all the praise and glory given to Jim Kirk, where as his brother is living in his shadow and be becomes so enraged and tired of it....yes...no?

StarMan September 18 2012 04:21 AM

Depends on the nature of the man. A certain amount of envy regarding a sibling who has achieved high status and prestige is understandable. But for that to consume your whole being and twist you into someone bent on their downfall? Hmmm. Unless Jim seriously aggrieved him in the past and as a consequence stuffed up his own chances of success, I don't see a plausible motivation.

Hell, I say ride on the coattails. Jim Kirk saved the planet - and he's your brother! You could have a bevy of hot chicks wanting to nail you as the next best thing to Captain Fantastic himself!

Skywalker September 18 2012 04:24 AM

The villain was going to be Sam Kirk, but at the last minute they changed their minds and renamed him Johnny.

Jimi_James September 18 2012 05:04 AM

I think the new villain(s) are Quark and Rom. Quark gets another ship and enlists Rom help to check things out, and wouldn't you know it, they travel back in time...again.

Hijinks ensue.

It's box office gold.

DonIago September 18 2012 05:04 AM

These posts crack me up.

alfredodedarc September 18 2012 07:57 AM

It is no doubt Khan, but not as we knew him. He won't have the hatred of kirk burned into him, so Kirk will have to piss him off in some other fashion. They cannot mess with his origin in the Eugenics Wars [other than perhaps changing the date they occurred], otherwise we'll know the JJverse has no connection at all with the original timeline since the wars supposedly happened pre- Nero incursion- and the reboot will fall completely apart.
Since they pulled things from novels for the first movie, there may not be a need to change the dates since there are a series of novels that justify that the Eugenics Wars did indeed happen in the 1990s and melds them with real world events of the time- and did it very well.

King Daniel Into Darkness September 18 2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

los2188 wrote: (Post 6976510)
Just a thought....any chance that the villain in the next Trek movie is Jim Kirk's older brother?? I know, I know....it was just a thought but highly unlikely.

Unless he's on PCP or something to explain how...

...I'm not so sure it can be Sam.

Therin of Andor September 18 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

los2188 wrote: (Post 6976510)

Sam has already been introduced in the comic tie-in, surviving "Operation: Annhilate", and the artists made him look like a longhaired version of George Kirk Sr (ie. actor Chris Hemsworth, not Mr Cumberbatch).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8010/7...5d6faef4b1.jpg
George Kirk Jr by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Procutus September 19 2012 02:01 AM

^

He does look like Thor!

:lol:

Delsaber September 19 2012 02:07 AM

Still hoping for the Kang/Kor/Koloth triad, myself. Won't happen this time, I know, but... maybe someday.

Rory1080p September 19 2012 05:37 AM

I think Kahn is most likely, be interesting to see how they do it if this is the case.