The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   One Dollar Audios (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=188458)

OmahaStar September 17 2012 05:41 PM

One Dollar Audios

Big Finish has a couple upcoming special releases that are available to pre-order for *cheap*.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...e-to-venus-793 -- Voyage to Venus, starring the Sixth Doctor, with Jago and Litefoot (yes, they're back!). Coming in November.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-new-world-794 - Voyage to the New World, the sequel to Venus above, again with Six and Jago & Litefoot. Coming in December.

They are available as downloads (and that means DRM-free high quality files) for just one dollar each. Or, you can get the CDs for just 8 bucks. Even as a CD, that's still about half the cost of a normal release.

If you haven't given Big Finish Audios a try yet, here's a chance to do so with two stories for just two bucks. And if you have, then you're already a fan so you know how great a deal this is.

Other special releases are also coming soon.

jerriecan September 17 2012 05:43 PM

Re: One Dollar Audios

Fantastic! :) I'll have to pre-order!

Pindar September 17 2012 07:30 PM

Nice, I need new 6 adventures to listen to.

OmahaStar September 17 2012 07:36 PM

Oh, so does Sindatur. Paging Sindatur. Paging Doctor Sindatur to the white courtesy phone.

Sindatur September 17 2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 6975148)
Oh, so does Sindatur. Paging Sindatur. Paging Doctor Sindatur to the white courtesy phone.

"Hello...Hello...Is This thing on" :D (Damned browser crashed the first time I tried replying)

I see, yes, definitely have to look into this. I have so many CDs and DVD in Store Bought cases, Space is at a premium, so, I actually prefer to get the discount for downloading, and then create the CD myself, and put them in CD Wallets (IE: Gallifrey Adventures, I have all together in 1 CD Wallets, which would take up much less room then haveing the 4 Box Sets)

Pindar September 17 2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 6975880)
Quote:

"Hello...Hello...Is This thing on" :D (Damned browser crashed the first time I tried replying)

I see, yes, definitely have to look into this. I have so many CDs and DVD in Store Bought cases, Space is at a premium, so, I actually prefer to get the discount for downloading, and then create the CD myself, and put them in CD Wallets (IE: Gallifrey Adventures, I have all together in 1 CD Wallets, which would take up much less room then haveing the 4 Box Sets)

Correct my CDs take up miles of shelf space.

OmahaStar September 17 2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 6975922)
Quote:

Quote:

Would you like to donate some to give away as prizes for upcoming SF conventions?

Pindar September 17 2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 6976012)
Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 6975922)
Quote:

Would you like to donate some to give away as prizes for upcoming SF conventions?

Then what would I put on my shelves?

OmahaStar September 17 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 6976144)
Then what would I put on my shelves?

Worth a shot. I'm on staff at one convention, and helping out another. Both have quite a bit of DW programming, including trivia contests. This year, Big Finish donated several cds, and they were a huge hit.

I've heard back from a couple of the winners who had said they weren't interested in the audios before, and one is now a subscriber, the other has bought several of the "BF for a Fiver" titles.

Now I'm on the hunt for prizes for next year.

Emh September 18 2012 12:43 AM

I'm definitely getting these. For those who are that far along, are these two stories a continuation from the Jago & Litefoot series or are they set at some other point? I ask because I've only listened to the first boxset so far.

OmahaStar September 18 2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 6976774)
I'm definitely getting these. For those who are that far along, are these two stories a continuation from the Jago & Litefoot series or are they set at some other point? I ask because I've only listened to the first boxset so far.

From what I've been able to piece together ... J&L only met the Doctor the one time, in Talons. They came back for one companion chronicle story, and it went over so well they got their own series. All of their stories have been set on Earth, Doctor-less.

At the end of their four season (I had no idea they'd done so much!) they meet the Sixth Doctor, and step into the Tardis. These two stories tell their adventure with him, before returning home.

I haven't listened to any of the J&L stories, so I may be reading all of that in error.

Emh September 18 2012 08:39 AM

See, the thing is...

Pindar September 18 2012 09:42 AM

Right ordered them and had a mini splurge. :D

Sindatur September 22 2012 03:08 PM

Made my Pre-order today, since I had money in the Paypal account, and cool thing is, they already took the Payment, so, I don't have to worry about leaving $2.37 in Paypal to cover (And then have the exchange rate change, so, it became $2.39 and there wasn't enough to cover it). For $2.00, much better for them to take the money now, and not have to worry about it. So, Gosh, that's now 4 Colin Baker Audios I'll have

OmahaStar September 23 2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 6998404)
Made my Pre-order today, since I had money in the Paypal account, and cool thing is, they already took the Payment, so, I don't have to worry about leaving $2.37 in Paypal to cover (And then have the exchange rate change, so, it became $2.39 and there wasn't enough to cover it). For $2.00, much better for them to take the money now, and not have to worry about it. So, Gosh, that's now 4 Colin Baker Audios I'll have

I'm Colin Baker's biggest fan on the board, and I approve this message. :cool: