The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Captain Worf (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=188383)

Rulius September 16 2012 10:59 PM

Captain Worf

So what do you all think of this?

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-capt...-michael-dorn/

R. Star September 16 2012 11:01 PM

Re: Captain Worf

Sounds like something to tease fans into a nerdgasm.

F. King Daniel September 16 2012 11:14 PM

Sounds a lot like this forthcoming fan film:

Will Worf be revealed as captain of the crew Admiral Chekov is putting together?

BillJ September 16 2012 11:18 PM

Way to much Worf already. A project I'd have no interest in if it ever came to fruition.

tighr September 16 2012 11:22 PM

Chekov looks good for being 145 years old.

Lame.

Valin September 17 2012 03:55 AM

A bit ironic that it isn't "your grandfather's Star Trek" and yet it has Chekov, a character from the 1960's and Tuvok, from the 1990's.

R. Star September 17 2012 06:11 PM

I enjoyed Of Gods and Men, so I'd be willing to give this a look. Really... are you going to demand your money back if it doesn't measure up?

That ship looks almost like a mix between a Bird of Prey and the Defiant... given Dorn's penchant for inserting his character into all things Trek, the Captain Worf thing could happen... guess we'll see.

Rulius September 18 2012 02:01 AM

Alternate universe maybe?

DarKush September 18 2012 02:16 AM

I'm all for a Captain Worf series. He was one of the most popular characters of 24th century Trek and perhaps the best bet to base a show around. As much as I like the idea of a Titan series with Riker and Troi, I think Worf was a cooler character than both and his ties to both TNG and DS9 and his character arcs on each, would provide more interesting things to play with. And finally we could get an alien captain headlining a Trek show.

Drago-Kazov September 19 2012 01:54 PM

If its done well i will check it out.

Delsaber September 19 2012 07:04 PM

I'm all for Captain Worf in anything if it means we can forget about Change of Heart.

T'Cal September 20 2012 05:08 AM

Worf was one of the richest characters in all of Trek. He was the first Klingon in Starfleet and he has earned his way up the ranks and deserves to be captain. He served under two of the greatest captains of all time (Picard & Sisko - not to mention Riker) and the writers of such a story should have him grow and mature to the point where his style incorporates some traits of each. He should have some of the patience of Picard, the tenacity of Sisko and the unpredictability of Riker, as well as the warrior spirit and deep honor that Worf himself has always possessed. A post-Nemesis series should feature Worf commanding a ship with a crew filled with fresh characters.

T'Cal September 20 2012 05:13 AM

Worf and data got short-changed for the most part in TNG's movies. While in the end they got to help save the day, far too often they were used as failed attempts at humor, cheapening both characters, who had been written prior to the films as complex characters with rich histories. Much of that was pissed away in the films.

R. Star September 20 2012 05:27 AM

Well it was unequivocally stated that because Worf betrayed a mission to save his wife, his career was basically dead and he wouldn't get a command. So this renegade thing might make sense... assuming it all isn't just fan rumor.

Bry_Sinclair September 20 2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 6988129)
Well it was unequivocally stated that because Worf betrayed a mission to save his wife, his career was basically dead and he wouldn't get a command. So this renegade thing might make sense... assuming it all isn't just fan rumor.

Thank you.

I've made this point before on another forum but excuses came about how that was Sisko's opinion, blah blah blah. His career was pretty much over, yet another reason why him becoming Ambassador made sense, but thanks to the continuity destroyer that was NEM we now have the fact he is back in uniform with no excuse.

I also do have to agree there has been far too much Worf on screen. Try someone else. Say maybe Ezri Dax? It's been 13 years since DS9 finished, so set the series in 2388, which would give her a very reasonable amount of time to reach the rank of Captain. Have her on her first command, with a brand new crew, a mission of peaceful exploration, and an eleven year old, half-human daughter to look after.

Just a thought.