The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Primeval: Canada (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=187981)

NrobbieC September 13 2012 03:42 AM

Primeval: Canada

So while Primeval (the last decent British TV show that was any good since Torchwood went American, the latter still good but not fully British) looks to be dead (again) there's a Canadian spin-off thankfully not a reboot coming soon.

I'm not sure what to expect from it, I'm really hoping it'll be good though it'll have a hard time trying to match the mothership, but as I said it's a spin-off, original characters will pop up, written by the Reeves-Stevens...it does have potential.

Primeval has so many loose threads so if it does stay dead, hopefully they can be tied into New World.

JD September 13 2012 04:13 AM

Re: Primeval: Canada

Are they still doing this? I don't remember hearing anything new about it in quite a while.

NrobbieC September 13 2012 04:22 AM

Yeah, it's out in November I think.

Sindatur September 13 2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 6952741)
Are they still doing this? I don't remember hearing anything new about it in quite a while.

Yea, MAD (Amanda Tapping, Damian Kindler and I believe "M" is Martin Wood?) are Producing, now that Sanctuary is done, I think (Though I can't find Damian Kindler's name in the Cast/Crew on IMDB). I like Sara Canning, who was Jenna on Vampire Diaries, so that's a plus, though I am concerned they said they were going younger and sexier than the original UK show. The UK Series was pretty young, considering the premise and responsibilities, I hope they take reason with this "Younger/Sexier" version

JD September 13 2012 04:45 AM

I hadn't heard about that, but it makes me pretty happy. I loved Sanctuary.
EDIT: Just found the first bits of footage on Youtube. I'm glad to see Niall Matter from Eureka got a new gig, I always liked Zane.

NrobbieC September 13 2012 04:51 AM

Yeah I was a little worried it would become a sexcentric teen drama with dinosaurs, but they lead guy looks about 30 so I think it's safe.

Sindatur September 13 2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 6952864)
I hadn't heard about that, but it makes me pretty happy. I loved Sanctuary.
EDIT: Just found the first bits of footage on Youtube. I'm glad to see Niall Matter from Eureka got a new gig, I always liked Zane.

Yea, me too. Oh, to have had a final 5th Season in the New Sanctuary :(

JD September 13 2012 04:58 AM

Too bad they couldn't have tied it into Eureka and actually made Zane the lead character. I would love to see the Eureka crew deal with the Anomaly's popping up in the town.

Sindatur September 13 2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

NrobbieC wrote: (Post 6952882)
Yeah I was a little worried it would become a sexcentric teen drama with dinosaurs, but they lead guy looks about 30 so I think it's safe.

Oh, yea,
Niall Matter, he's cool too. Could be hopeful. Wonder if/when the States will get it?

Pindar September 28 2012 02:02 PM

Trailer
Cant remember how to embed video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6K0-LK5jLyo#!

Bob The Skutter September 28 2012 02:08 PM

First time I've seen the trailer. I see they got Connor in for an episode or two. I'll give it a watch.

Pindar September 28 2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Bob the Skutter wrote: (Post 7025557)
First time I've seen the trailer. I see they got Connor in for an episode or two. I'll give it a watch.

Aye, kind of looks like a reboot though.

Will any of the stuff we found out up till now make it into the new show?

Bob The Skutter September 28 2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 7025572)
Quote:

I was figuring with the ending of series 5 would be where this picks up with anomalies opening elsewhere in the world.

Pindar September 28 2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Bob the Skutter wrote: (Post 7025587)
Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 7025572)
Quote:

I was figuring with the ending of series 5 would be where this picks up with anomalies opening elsewhere in the world.

Was that the end?

I can't remember what happened after they shut down the power generator and ruined Bashir's plans.

Maple Dog September 28 2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 7025536)
Trailer
Cant remember how to embed video

Type [yt ] [/ yt ]