The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=187957)

Dream September 12 2012 09:41 PM

Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
A new TNG book is being released this October.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next...dp/141970429X/

It seems to really have a lot of pages. Does anyone know what it will mainly be about? Episode guide? Behind the scenes related? Interviews? Where can I find more information about it?

BillJ September 12 2012 11:46 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Basically behind-the-scenes and rare photos. I own Star Trek 365 and it's a great book. :techman:

paulamblock September 13 2012 05:07 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 6950950)
A new TNG book is being released this October.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next...dp/141970429X/

It seems to really have a lot of pages. Does anyone know what it will mainly be about? Episode guide? Behind the scenes related? Interviews? Where can I find more information about it?

Here's an article (with pictures) about the book that appeared on startrek.com about 10 days ago:
http://www.startrek.com/article/insi...th-the-authors
:bolian:

Teppo September 13 2012 05:34 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
There is a facebook page about it. Just put Star Trek: The Next Generation 365 into the search box at the top of the FB page and it will pop up.

Therin of Andor September 14 2012 11:06 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 6950950)
It seems to really have a lot of pages. Does anyone know what it will mainly be about? Episode guide? Behind the scenes related? Interviews? Where can I find more information about it?

It's a matching volume to this one, from 2010, which focused upon TOS:
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com.au...-trek-365.html

Valin September 17 2012 04:11 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 6951520)
Basically behind-the-scenes and rare photos. I own Star Trek 365 and it's a great book. :techman:


Agreed. There were some facts in that book that I had never read before

Dream September 17 2012 04:19 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Is it pretty much made like the Ships of the Line book?

http://www.amazon.com/Ships-Line-Sta.../dp/1416532439

In that book, on left page there is a quote/fact while on the right page there is a picture?

Christopher September 17 2012 04:34 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Here's TrekMovie's review of the TOS edition of Star Trek 365, with a number of images of the interior pages:

http://trekmovie.com/2010/09/03/revi...65-photo-book/

I gather it's pretty much the same format as all of the "365" books from the same publisher, covering a variety of different topics. So we can reasonably expect the TNG one to be much the same.

billcosby September 17 2012 04:40 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Why '365'? One page for every day of the year? Something about it suggests it's a calendar book.

Dream September 17 2012 04:49 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 6972619)
Here's TrekMovie's review of the TOS edition of Star Trek 365, with a number of images of the interior pages:

http://trekmovie.com/2010/09/03/revi...65-photo-book/

I gather it's pretty much the same format as all of the "365" books from the same publisher, covering a variety of different topics. So we can reasonably expect the TNG one to be much the same.

Thanks! Looks a LOT like a scrapbook to me. I'm glad I have a better idea about what it looks like into those pages.

The article also pointed out that a 365 book was made about Star Wars too. I'm very interested in that.

Christopher September 17 2012 04:50 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

billcosby wrote: (Post 6972640)
Why '365'? One page for every day of the year? Something about it suggests it's a calendar book.

Apparently that's the conceit of the series, which is also called the "365 Days" series. They're not calendars, but heavy coffee-table books (Star Trek 365 weighs nearly four and a half pounds), and some of them have dates instead of page numbers and are divided into chapters by "month." Apparently, as far as I can tell, the idea is that you can read one pair of pages per day and literally learn something new every day about the book's subject. I don't know why they follow that conceit, though. Maybe someone just liked the idea of fact-a-day calendars and decided to concoct a classier, more expensive version.

Dream September 17 2012 10:15 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
The best part about the book cover? No Wesley Crusher!

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/1144/tngg.jpg

Daddy Todd September 21 2012 03:06 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Amazon shipped my copy this morning. I should have it Monday. Review to follow.

(I expect to love it. I was skeptical about the format when the TOS version was announced, but discovered I really liked it.)

BillJ September 21 2012 05:08 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
Quote:

Daddy Todd wrote: (Post 6994033)
Amazon shipped my copy this morning. I should have it Monday. Review to follow.

(I expect to love it. I was skeptical about the format when the TOS version was announced, but discovered I really liked it.)

Mine just got here. :techman:

Reanok September 21 2012 07:35 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 365? What's this new book about?
 
This sounds like an interesting book I have the Tos book and it has somereal interesting facts and trivia and rare pictures. I hope they'll be doing a Ds9 or Enterprise version of these books.:techman:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.