The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Star Trek 2 Has A New Title? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=187516)

TrekToday September 8 2012 05:50 AM

Star Trek 2 Has A New Title?

TrekMovie is reporting that the second Star Trek J.J. Abrams movie has finally been named. Paramount is not confirming the title yet, but “this is the title they are going with as of now,” sources told TrekMovie. The title is* “Star Trek Into Darkness.” According to sources, two domains containing those words have been purchased [...]

More...

Mr_Homn September 8 2012 05:54 AM

Re: Star Trek 2 Has A New Title?

Very unimaginative.

Borgminister September 8 2012 06:00 AM

"as of now"

Spock/Uhura Fan September 8 2012 06:01 AM

LOL.

This, after Chris Pine meticulously pointed and said that they weren't trying to make a Nolan-style batman movie. They may as well call it "ST: Into The Dark Knight." Then the one after this could be called "ST: Rising Out of the Darkness." ;)

Let's just hope that the movie is good.

22 Stars September 8 2012 06:02 AM

Looks confirmed now. Don't love it but a good movie could make it a classic?

Spock/Uhura Fan September 8 2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Borgminister wrote: (Post 6927817)
"as of now"

Good point. I do hope it changes. As a side note, I think I'm beginning to understand comments Zachary recently made about the film. He basically said if there are issues with it, don't look at the actors. At least that's what I took from it. I'll still see it if S/U stay together, though, even if it's bad. I do hope it will be good.

C.E. Evans September 8 2012 06:07 AM

If it's part of an actual sentence, "Star Trek Into Darkness," rather than "Star Trek: Into Darkness," I'm cool with it. Star Trek XIII could continue that naming theme with "Star Trek Towards the Future" or something like that.

22 Stars September 8 2012 06:17 AM

CE i agree, and it seems confirmed that there is no colon. So yes, the third chapter should be something positive and uplifting for sure.

CorporalClegg September 8 2012 06:50 AM

After reading this, I looked at the calender. It didn't say 04.01. I cried.

Oso Blanco September 8 2012 07:07 AM

Worst title of a Star Trek movie ever!

Overbound September 8 2012 07:14 AM

I don't care for it. It sounds very generic. If it is only temporary it could be that the villain's name is in the title and they need something to call it until the secrete is out.

Mr Silver September 8 2012 07:20 AM

It could be much worse, after all, Christopher Nolan simply added "Rises" onto the previous title for the third entry in the Batman series.

EyalM September 8 2012 07:24 AM

Sounds like some one wanted "Trek Into Darkness" (which sounds better) while someone else wanted to keep "Star Trek" in the title, so we got this hybrid. Which is too bad since TID would have fit nicely with the 3 letter abbreviation tradition :).

Spock/Uhura Fan September 8 2012 07:48 AM

^ They might be going with 4 now since that last movie's abbreviation is ST09. This next one is going to be STID, I guess?

CaptainDonovin September 8 2012 08:06 AM

I joked on TrekMovie that maybe the title might mean that the danger of suffering from lense flare blindness might be lessened, but I like the title. Its different & space is dark so there you have it. :bolian: