The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=187376)

Chris3123 September 6 2012 10:19 PM

Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

Being developed by CW.

Quote:

Our sources say the new take on the comic book crime fighter is being written by Allan Heinberg (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) under the working title Amazon. Unlike past TV incarnations, it will focus on Wonder Woman as a young, budding superhero, rather than a fully formed defender of liberty. (Think Smallville, but instead of a "no tights, no flights" rule, this show might have a "no bracelets, no crown" mandate.)
Quote:

It should be noted that CW is only developing a script at this point; no pilot production has been greenlit or even contractually guaranteed.
Link

Eh, I liked Smallville, but I'm not too fond of the concept in general. I think I'm beginning to appreciate David E. Kelley's WW a bit more now.

CorporalCaptain September 6 2012 10:40 PM

Re: Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

The horror.

Methos September 6 2012 10:45 PM

ugh... god no...

I honestly don't see Wonder Woman doing well on either the big screen or smaller screen... she's just not a hero I can actually see in Live Action shows properly...

M

JD September 7 2012 12:10 AM

I'm curious. I would love to see a show focused on a female comic book superhero. Since WW is one of the most recognizable, and has a history in live action TV, it does makes sense that she would be the most likely to get a new show. The fact that the writer has a history with comics, and WW already makes me a little less nervous about this than I was about David E. Kelley's version.

Dream September 7 2012 12:13 AM

Didn't NBC think about doing a WW show last year too?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6...nderwomanh.jpg

davejames September 7 2012 12:20 AM

It depends. If we're talking about a Wonder Woman in her early 20s, I think the idea could work, since that's kind of emotionally where she's at when her story begins anyway.

But if we're talking a 15 or 16 year old WW, then ugh, no. I don't really have any desire to see that.

Methos September 7 2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 6921554)

Yup... wonder woman does fetish lol

the costume was hideous... the writing was atrocious, and the pilot was one of the worst i've ever had the misfortune of seeing...

i'm quite happy it never got off the ground

M

Dream September 7 2012 12:22 AM

Why is Warners/DC is trying to copy everything Marvel does now?

First Avengers is a huge hit, Justice League is quickly annouced.

S.H.I.E.L.D is announced as tv show, now they are trying to rush a WW show onto the CW?

:sigh:

CorporalClegg September 7 2012 12:26 AM

I suppose it all hinges on how well Arrow launches.

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 6921596)
S.H.I.E.L.D is announced as tv show, now they are trying to rush a WW show onto the CW?

I fail to see the connection.

The proposed shows are completely different, and, as suggested, the WW series would be a lot closer to a previous CW series.

Methos September 7 2012 12:28 AM

to be honest, i'd rather see DC actually work on some of it's lesser well known characters for TV shows...

A show about Hellblazer, John Constantine... not the movie version, that was atrocious, but the one from the comics would be amazing... it'd sort of be a cross between Supernatural and Tomb Raider...

Or maybe a series dealing with Dr Fate... which could be equally as dark and mystical...

M

Methos September 7 2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 6921623)

To be perfectly honest, i'm expecting Arrow to fail quite spectacularly...

The Aquaman pilot actually showed some real promise, but died a death quickly as well :(

M

Dream September 7 2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Methos wrote: (Post 6921644)
to be honest, i'd rather see DC actually work on some of it's lesser well known characters for TV shows...

A show about Hellblazer, John Constantine... not the movie version, that was atrocious, but the one from the comics would be amazing... it'd sort of be a cross between Supernatural and Tomb Raider...

Or maybe a series dealing with Dr Fate... which could be equally as dark and mystical...

M

This is Warners. They don't care about anything EXCEPT Batman and Superman. :p

Mr. Adventure September 7 2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Methos wrote: (Post 6921653)
Quote:

The Aquaman pilot actually showed some real promise, but died a death quickly as well :(

M

Well, had it actually aired it might have done OK.

Dream September 7 2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Methos wrote: (Post 6921653)
Quote:

M

Aquaman is a joke character though thanks to Super Friends. I'm still not sure it would have lasted more then one season.

Archers seem to be the IT thing right now with Hawkeye, Katniss from Hunger Games, and Pixar's Brave. The CW might as well strike while the iron is hot.;)

Temis the Vorta September 7 2012 12:49 AM

Constantine, yeah, that could be good. Get someone dark and broody played by an Ian Somerhalder look-alike, and that's right in the CW's wheelhouse.

Quote:

Methos wrote: (Post 6921593)
Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 6921554)

Yup... wonder woman does fetish lol

the costume was hideous... the writing was atrocious, and the pilot was one of the worst i've ever had the misfortune of seeing...

i'm quite happy it never got off the ground

M

The CW will do this show for the young female demo, maybe with some young male demo crossover since theyre getting ambitious lately. So adjust your expectations accordingly. Whatever its faults, at least NBC would have maybe done a show for grownups.