The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fringe - Season 5 discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=186935)

Methos September 2 2012 03:06 PM

Fringe - Season 5 discussion

So, less than a month to go until Fringe Season 5 finally airs on the 28th... Who else is waiting impatiently to see how this all wraps up?

There's the official season 5 trailer, and it looks like the war with The Observers is finally kicking into high gear...

Everyone else as excited for this as I am?

M

Starbreaker September 2 2012 03:40 PM

Re: Fringe - Season 5 discussion

I'm not impatiently waiting, but I'm interested to see how it all ends up. I've only really loved seasons 1 and 3.

Worf2DS9 September 2 2012 03:41 PM

It's a shame that Season 5 trailer has so much footage from earlier episodes, but it sure ramps up the anticipation for the premiere nonetheless. I'm looking forward to rewatching season 4 on DVD beforehand too.

Procutus September 2 2012 04:20 PM

I am definitely psyched. I will most likely have the discussion thread for the premier up early that week, just to keep awareness of the show's return at a high level.

As I've stated in the past, I hope that with only 13 eps left until series' end, that each one is topnotch and actually moves the story forward.

:techman:

Borgminister September 2 2012 04:56 PM

I'll be there!

NCC1701MF September 7 2012 09:48 PM

The Science channel (not SyFy) will start showing Fringe reruns in syndication on Nov 20th. They are using the glyphs in the TV spots. Saw one last week and the word was SOON, just caught another spot today and noticed it was a different glyph, this word was MORE.

Aragorn September 7 2012 09:58 PM

Season 5 promos:

Procutus September 8 2012 01:15 AM

Thanks for the promos, Aragorn! Can't wait for the 28th!

:techman:

Enterprise is Great September 8 2012 04:19 AM

http://www.hitfix.com/news/fringe-se...nnounced-maybe

Quote:

On Thursday night, "Fringe" showrunner J.H. Wyman tweeted to a follower that "Fringe" will wrap its five-season run on Friday, February 1.

That's at least plausible, but we're hesitant to guarantee that date.

Why the hesitation? Well, for one thing, FOX declined to confirm that the finale was set on the schedule in stone, while FOX chief Kevin Reilly told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour this summer that a January finale date was likely. That obviously could have changed.

"Fringe" has 13 remaining episodes and a February 1 would be the season's 19th Friday, including the September 28 premiere. Even if you include a couple baseball preemptions and logical repeats like the day after Thanksgiving, that's still more prolongation of the season than many fans might have anticipated.

Borgminister September 8 2012 06:05 AM

Oh come on--give 'em a full 22!

JD September 9 2012 06:25 AM

I can't wait. It hasn't always been perfect, but I've always enjoyed Fringe, and I can't wait to see how it's going to end.

Enterprise is Great September 12 2012 09:10 PM

Methos September 12 2012 09:11 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

M

Borgminister September 12 2012 11:05 PM

Thought Unifier... sounds Borg-ish...

JD September 13 2012 04:41 AM

I thought they changed the title? Or is that the changed title?