The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   USS Galactica in Star Trek (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=186254)

Mars August 27 2012 12:21 AM

USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
What if the Galactica was a Galaxy Class Starship, imagine the same sort of characters in BSG as the crew of a Federation ship, starting with Bill Adama as captain, what would the other crew positions for significant characters be in the Star Trek World, and how would Kara Thrace and Lee Adama fit in? Would they be shuttle pilots or something else?

Of course Saul Tigh would be first officer, I wonder what Star Fleet command would think of his drinking habits? In fact all the crew does a lot of drinking, now that I mention it, and a Chief Medical officer who smokes in front of his patients, seems this would be a most unusual starship in the fleet. Dr. Gaius Baltar would make chief science officer, how about that? We got to make Number Six a crew member too, she would be a tall female version of commander Data with her emotion chip intact. Can you picture this?

Chemahkuu August 27 2012 12:30 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
No.

shivkala August 27 2012 01:02 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Tigh would most likely be drinking synthehol. That might make some difference.

Kara would be in a facility similar to the one Tom Paris was in at the beginning of "Caretaker."

I can't see Cottle smoking, as there's no real equivalent in Trek in the 24th Century.

I could see Baltar being a relative of Dr. Soong, especially given his ancestors. Baltar Soong...

Mutenroshi August 27 2012 11:02 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e-chan-wtf.png

Mars August 29 2012 11:05 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Quote:

shivkala wrote: (Post 6865211)
Tigh would most likely be drinking synthehol. That might make some difference.

Kara would be in a facility similar to the one Tom Paris was in at the beginning of "Caretaker."

I can't see Cottle smoking, as there's no real equivalent in Trek in the 24th Century.

I could see Baltar being a relative of Dr. Soong, especially given his ancestors. Baltar Soong...

What about Cylon Model Six being a white pasty-faced Android with a positronic brain?

Ar-Pharazon September 1 2012 03:08 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
USS Galactica:

http://img14.picoodle.com/i58v/arpha..._8dd_u9a07.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/U...0Schematic.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/U...0Schematic.jpg

Sindatur September 1 2012 02:55 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Ar-Pharazon, that is very cool :bolian:

Is that of your own making?

Mars September 1 2012 05:20 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
That's neat, and I'd say it would make a nice starship for Star Trek Online.

tighr September 1 2012 05:51 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Quote:

Mars wrote: (Post 6865028)
What if the Galactica was a Galaxy Class Starship, imagine the same sort of characters in BSG as the crew of a Federation ship, starting with Bill Adama as captain, what would the other crew positions for significant characters be in the Star Trek World, and how would Kara Thrace and Lee Adama fit in? Would they be shuttle pilots or something else?

The Galaxy-class ships and the Battlestars are not easily comparable. The Galactica is a heavy battle cruiser, with fighters and an on-board Marine compliment. Galaxy-class ships are exploratory vessels with science equipment.

As I mentioned in your other thread, there are no real fighters in the Star Trek universe, as nearly all battles take place between large ships. For Lee and Kara to be shuttle pilots would probably be a step-down from what they're used to. So it'd be interesting to see a "Battlestar-class" ship in Star Trek, complete with Vipers and a launch bay.

Ar-Pharazon September 1 2012 05:53 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 6895820)
Ar-Pharazon, that is very cool :bolian:

Is that of your own making?

No, if only I had that much talent.

I just remembered it when I saw the thread.

Mars September 2 2012 03:55 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
I really like that starship, is it part of the Star Trek Online setting? I have a thread on a warp fighter in Trek Tech, this may give you an idea of what a Star Trek fighter would be like. The main advantage of fighters is that they are more maneuverable and harder to hit. Sometime someone should write a bit of fan fiction involving this starship and crew. I wonder what roles the various Cylon models would play? Star Trek does have some androids in it. I wonder, by the 25th century, you think they would have reverse-engineered Data and created new similar androids? I could imagine 12 models of androids, and I don't really see the need to make them all pasty white like Data, but watch out, make them too "human" and they might rebel!

Admiral Buzzkill September 2 2012 05:15 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Why would anyone think that this was an interesting, much less good, idea?

Mars September 2 2012 05:37 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Quote:

My Name Is Legion wrote: (Post 6898931)
Why would anyone think that this was an interesting, much less good, idea?

Ask the man who made the poster of the USS Galactica.

Deckerd September 2 2012 05:42 PM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Same name, different universe.

Admiral2 September 3 2012 03:32 AM

Re: USS Galactica in Star Trek
 
Quote:

Chemahkuu wrote: (Post 6865055)
No.

Ditto.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.