The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Interesting Trek Comics in November (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=185408)

Titus Andronicus August 17 2012 03:44 AM

Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
http://www.startrek.com/article/firs...er-trek-titles


I really thought this was interesting, but what really caught my eye was what direction they're going in with the Reboot comics that month.

All I can say is I'm pretty excited!

DarKush August 17 2012 04:18 AM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Thanks for posting. The artwork looks pretty good for most of the titles, which is always a plus. I'm a little intrigued by the Borg story, though I'm not sure if it's for a good reason. Borg King? "Ancient" Locutus, that yet looks like Picard?

Titus Andronicus August 17 2012 04:25 AM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
With the "Hive" story I really think we're just going to have to wait and see what's going on with that miniseries.

King Daniel Into Darkness August 17 2012 04:56 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
nuTrek "Mirror, Mirror"!!!!

That should be fun. Although my brain is immediately trying to make sense of how it would work timeline-wise. Did they have a mirror-supernova, and Mirror!Nero or Mirror!Spock Prime go back branching the mirror universe in 2233?:cardie:

Allyn Gibson August 17 2012 05:07 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
I wonder how the split art duties on Assimilation2 #7 will work. Another flashback sequence, a la issue #3 to explain the difference in art styles?

Drago-Kazov August 17 2012 07:35 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 6816701)
nuTrek "Mirror, Mirror"!!!!

That should be fun. Although my brain is immediately trying to make sense of how it would work timeline-wise. Did they have a mirror-supernova, and Mirror!Nero or Mirror!Spock Prime go back branching the mirror universe in 2233?:cardie:

Damm i was hoping that concept will show up in a movie, now this is less likely.

JD August 17 2012 11:31 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
^That was my first reaction as well. I was really hoping they'd do the Mirror Universe in a movie.
As for Hive, I believe it has a time travel element, which could explain the "ancient" Locutus.

Mr. Domino August 19 2012 05:27 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 6816746)
I wonder how the split art duties on Assimilation2 #7 will work. Another flashback sequence, a la issue #3 to explain the difference in art styles?

Most likely, yes - the Tardis will be going back to Wolf 359 during the issue, so that's probably where the switch will happen (is it too much for this fanboy to hope for a run-in with Sisko on the Saratoga?)

Allyn Gibson August 19 2012 10:14 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

Mr. Domino wrote: (Post 6824669)
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 6816746)
I wonder how the split art duties on Assimilation2 #7 will work. Another flashback sequence, a la issue #3 to explain the difference in art styles?

Most likely, yes - the Tardis will be going back to Wolf 359 during the issue, so that's probably where the switch will happen (is it too much for this fanboy to hope for a run-in with Sisko on the Saratoga?)

Possibly. The cover doesn't depict Wolf 359 -- there are several Borg vessels there, plus a funny Easter Egg on the cover's lower right corner -- but that event is a clear implication of the solicitation text.

If the story does, in fact, go back to Wolf 359, I'd love a Picard versus Locutus scene. Though it's been done several times -- "The Worst of Both Worlds," Star Trek: Armada, and apparently the upcoming Hive -- I'm curious how it would be handled in this story because it would use the "real" Locutus, not an alternate timeline Locutus, a clone Locutus, or a far-future Locutus.

Mr. Domino August 22 2012 04:25 AM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
The cover could still be depicting Wolf 359 - we're mucking about with a lot of wibbly-wobbly stuff here, remember?

And good catch on that easter egg, I didn't notice that. Very funny, though!

Christopher August 22 2012 02:39 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 6825776)
Possibly. The cover doesn't depict Wolf 359 -- there are several Borg vessels there, plus a funny Easter Egg on the cover's lower right corner -- but that event is a clear implication of the solicitation text.

I only see one Borg vessel and some clumps of jagged debris that could've been blown off a Borg cube. In fact, the cube itself looks like it's not all there. Which does seem incompatible with Wolf 359, admittedly, but it could be artistic license. And we know Borg ships can suffer damage and then regenerate.

Therin of Andor August 22 2012 04:27 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
A "funny Easter Egg" = "Bad Wolf 359"(?) under the cover artist's signature?

Christopher August 22 2012 04:41 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

Therin of Andor wrote: (Post 6840503)
A "funny Easter Egg" = "Bad Wolf 359"(?) under the cover artist's signature?

:guffaw: :rofl: Oh, I spotted the "Bad Wolf" (a recurring meme throughout the first season of the revived Doctor Who and occasionally thereafter), but I missed the "359"! Oh, that's awesome.

Allyn Gibson August 22 2012 05:22 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 6840560)
Quote:

Therin of Andor wrote: (Post 6840503)
A "funny Easter Egg" = "Bad Wolf 359"(?) under the cover artist's signature?

:guffaw: :rofl: Oh, I spotted the "Bad Wolf" (a recurring meme throughout the first season of the revived Doctor Who and occasionally thereafter), but I missed the "359"! Oh, that's awesome.

I had also missed the "359." I'd spotted "Bad Wolf," but it wasn't until I pulled up a high-res version of the image at work this morning that I noticed the number.

Perhaps, then, the cover does represent Wolf 359, in which I take back what I said above.

Captaindemotion August 22 2012 05:37 PM

Re: Interesting Trek Comics in November
 
I thought for a second that it would be Kirk and the crew of the nu-Ent versus the Borg Queen and Locutus. Now that would have been a head-wrecker!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.