The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=185390)

The Overlord August 16 2012 11:01 PM

Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert? He doesn't seem very good at it:

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated...part-2-6307779

R. Star August 16 2012 11:47 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Well, even as a guy who doesn't like Neelix, sfdebris is hardly an objective source, however funny he may be.

Neelix just always struck me as the guy who talked up his resume constantly to land him a job he has no idea how to perform. Basically he BS's his way through life.

The Overlord August 16 2012 11:53 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 6813743)
Well, even as a guy who doesn't like Neelix, sfdebris is hardly an objective source, however funny he may be.

Neelix just always struck me as the guy who talked up his resume constantly to land him a job he has no idea how to perform. Basically he BS's his way through life.

Sfdebris may not be objective, but he does have a point. After everything that happened during Basics, the fact that Neelix was not at least confinned to kitchen duties or just booted off the ship is mind boggling.

R. Star August 17 2012 12:05 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Quote:

The Overlord wrote: (Post 6813788)
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 6813743)
Well, even as a guy who doesn't like Neelix, sfdebris is hardly an objective source, however funny he may be.

Neelix just always struck me as the guy who talked up his resume constantly to land him a job he has no idea how to perform. Basically he BS's his way through life.

Sfdebris may not be objective, but he does have a point. After everything that happened during Basics, the fact that Neelix was not at least confinned to kitchen duties or just booted off the ship is mind boggling.

Not that I disagree, but Janeway's pandering to Neelix for whatever reason isn't even the worst of her command decisions. Personally I wouldn't have trusted him to even cook my food after that crap he pulled in Caretaker with lying to the crew and getting them captured to rescue Kes from the Kazon. Did it not even occur to him to just ask and the good guys would probably have helped him?

Guy Gardener August 17 2012 12:08 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
It's easier to sorry than please.

Or...

You sacrifice pawns. That's why they're on the board.

teacake August 17 2012 09:50 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 6813743)
Neelix just always struck me as the guy who talked up his resume constantly to land him a job he has no idea how to perform. Basically he BS's his way through life.

Yah he's a survival expert of himself.

He was marginally better than nothing as far as being able to give Janeway one sentence descriptions of new races for at least a chunk of the Delta quadrant.

lurok August 17 2012 11:31 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
He survived seven series *(ba-dum/slaps thigh with mirth)*

Guy Gardener August 17 2012 11:48 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
No he didn't.

The little kitchen rat ran.

Good riddance he said!

Earth he said.

Constantly picking fights with the Borg he said.

frack that he said.

I found me some prime space cooze he said.

And she has a beard, like a woman is supposed to he said!

All these bald faced women for 7 years thinking they're pretty he said.

Irrational, delusional slappers he said.

Seven years without a hard on he said.

How the hell did I stay on that ship so damn long he said.

He survived 6.9 series.

Same as Joe.

lurok August 17 2012 11:51 AM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
That's why he's so great in The Cloud. Way he marches into Janeway's office and rants about how they're always going round poking in some new phenomena without regard for the consequences. What happened to that tart Neelix? I miss him.

teacake August 17 2012 12:18 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
He learned his place. On the rug. By the hearth.

R. Star August 17 2012 12:50 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Janeway probably did castrate him after that little display. That would explain why he spent the next six seasons doting on Janeway. :p

Guy Gardener August 17 2012 02:00 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
So that she would castrate him a little more closer tot he bone?

teacake August 17 2012 02:06 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
What bone?

Guy Gardener August 17 2012 02:30 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
The pelvis I believe.

Drago-Kazov August 17 2012 07:51 PM

Re: Is Neelix really supposed to be a survival expert?
 
Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 6815660)
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 6813743)
Neelix just always struck me as the guy who talked up his resume constantly to land him a job he has no idea how to perform. Basically he BS's his way through life.

Yah he's a survival expert of himself.

He was marginally better than nothing as far as being able to give Janeway one sentence descriptions of new races for at least a chunk of the Delta quadrant.

I bet they can download a library like Tom Paris slept with my wife race or others. At least a library cannot destroy Voyager with cheese.

By the way sfdebris a fair reviewer he gave high ratings to good episodes.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.