The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Main characters (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=185150)

JarodRussell August 15 2012 01:18 AM

Main characters

So is any of the main characters going to die, leave or turn bad?

What do you think?

They promised us they'd shake things up with the reboot. My guess is that they won't, though. The next film is going to end with all the guys back on the bridge at their familar positions.

BillJ August 15 2012 02:54 AM

Re: Main characters

Spock will go nuts and be the villain of the third flick. :techman:

Set Harth August 15 2012 03:01 AM

Sulu comes out as straight.

Dukhat August 15 2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 6803588)
They promised us they'd shake things up with the reboot. My guess is that they won't, though.

So you weren't sufficiently shaken up by the destruction of Vulcan? Or Romulus in the prime universe?

BillJ August 15 2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Dukhat wrote: (Post 6803996)
Quote:

They promised us they'd shake things up with the reboot. My guess is that they won't, though.

So you weren't sufficiently shaken up by the destruction of Vulcan? Or Romulus in the prime universe?

I wasn't.

T'Girl August 15 2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

So is any of the main characters going to die, leave or turn bad?

At the end of Star Trek Twelve, they should pull a Black Adder and kill literally everyone of the main cast.

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 6804155)
Quote:

Dukhat wrote: (Post 6803996)

I wasn't.

The destruction of those two planets resulted in exactly one death of a tertiary character, Amanda.

Oh and there were special effects.

:)

teacake August 15 2012 04:22 AM

Vulcan's destruction gives Spock NEW fresh angst other than that tired old 60's angst about being a half breed.

BillJ August 15 2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 6804206)
Vulcan's destruction gives Spock NEW fresh angst other than that tired old 60's angst about being a half breed.

I'm sure they'll work in the half-breed angle. The folks at the wheel aren't the most creative I've ever seen.

King Daniel Into Darkness August 15 2012 09:26 AM

They'll end with a double wedding. Kirk marries Spock, and Sulu marries Chekov. Uhura runs off with Scotty, but he knifes her to death on Argelius II.

They'll have Spock Prime say something at the wedding establishing that the universes have merged and things are better this way, causing TOS fans the most angst of all.

teacake August 15 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 6804836)
They'll end with a double wedding. Kirk marries Spock, and Sulu marries Chekov. Uhura runs off with Scotty, but he knifes her to death on Argelius II.

You'll die. Die, die, die, everybody die!! Kill, kill, kill you all!!

Bry_Sinclair August 15 2012 10:28 AM

Uhura will leave when she realises that all her "new development" is as little more than a whiney love interest. She'll be replaced by Cadet/Lieutenant M'Ress.

Chekov will be replaced with him MU version and try to kill Kirk, before being killed and replaced with a CGI Arex.

Doctor Elizabeth Dehner will relieve Spock of duty for being emotionally unstable and is replaced by the much younger (I'm thinking most likely a ten year old) Science Officer Xon.

Admiral Buzzkill August 15 2012 04:09 PM

"Main characters" would be defined as Kirk, Spock, Uhura - and who else?

Ovation August 15 2012 04:13 PM

McCoy maybe?

Redfern August 15 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Bry_Sinclair wrote: (Post 6804953)
Uhura will leave when she realises that all her "new development" is as little more than a whiney love interest. She'll be replaced by Cadet/Lieutenant M'Ress.

Who, in turn will leave when she realizes she's treated as little more than a glorified switchboard operator and the subject of LOLcat humor.

"Do I look like %^&* Garfield?!"

"Well, you have gained a few pounds lately..."

SLASH!!!

Sincerely,

Bill

R. Star August 15 2012 05:46 PM

Uhura as Spock's love interest... well come on, they had to find something to do with her beyond answering the phone.