The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=183542)

TrekToday July 30 2012 07:40 PM

Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Fans that purchased the recent release of Season One of Star Trek: The Next Generation found that there were audio issues with their DVDs and CBS Home Video has acknowledged that and has taken corrective action. The correction comes less than a week after the Blu-ray set was released. “We have discovered an anomaly in [...]

More...

Mutai Sho-Rin July 30 2012 08:26 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Let's sticky this thread for two weeks until the re-release with the corrected content. Please use this thread for all audio related content.

tomswift2002 July 30 2012 11:41 PM

What audio issues are CBS and Paramount talking about? I've only played the first three discs so far, but I haven't heard any issues.

dg1379 July 31 2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

tomswift2002 wrote: (Post 6726389)
What audio issues are CBS and Paramount talking about? I've only played the first three discs so far, but I haven't heard any issues.

I wasn't having any issues until 11001001 when the audio sounded like everyone talking through a soup can. In fact, that entire disc, disc 4, had bad audio all together. I do not have surround on my system yet so I have been listening to stereo sound. I was surprised by that. Made my call. Very simple process.

FreddyE July 31 2012 08:38 AM

Amazon customers might actually get the replacement discs without doing anything. I remember back when the TNG DVDS were released for the first time, there was an issue with one of the R2 discs. Amazon automatically sent me a replacement disc without me having to do anything. No registering for it...nothing.

Tosk July 31 2012 10:26 AM

I contacted Amazon regarding what they would be able to do to help me out, and the response I got said that they had already received the corrected discs. Kind of hard to believe, but I dunno...it'd be nice to know for sure.

trekker670 July 31 2012 02:28 PM

I've been aware of the audio problems, but I didn't personally experience them until watching Haven everything was echoed. I've been watching using the 7.1 mix through my TV speakers.

GNDN July 31 2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 6728810)
I contacted Amazon regarding what they would be able to do to help me out, and the response I got said that they had already received the corrected discs. Kind of hard to believe, but I dunno...it'd be nice to know for sure.

Amazon's product page has the same announcement and advice to call or email DELUXE for replacement information. I sent an email yesterday then spent 1/2 hour on hold without an answer after reading about others' success on the phone. I'll try calling again this morning.

Patrick O'Brien July 31 2012 04:16 PM

Any idea if Best Buy will send out the disc's on their own?

trekker670 July 31 2012 04:27 PM

I think it's safe to assume that you must call/email ByDeluxe to get the replacement.

Pindar July 31 2012 04:51 PM

Someone on Amazon.co.uk who is from Ireland say they called that US hotline and are being sent replacement disks.

GNDN July 31 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

trekker670 wrote: (Post 6729977)
I think it's safe to assume that you must call/email ByDeluxe to get the replacement.

No reply via email as of yet. I was unable to speak with anyone by phone yesterday (half hour on hold) and this morning I get only an automated message which offers the possibility of leaving a message, but then disconnects without taking any message.

Suppose I'll have to wait for email support as I'm sure they're being overwhelmed by complaints right now :confused:

davejames July 31 2012 06:01 PM

Yeah I didn't have any luck calling today either.

Rhaven July 31 2012 06:11 PM

Reading all this, I'm really glad I waited to purchase my discs.

Brikar99 July 31 2012 07:37 PM

I just got an email. It asked me to reply back with my name, address, phone number, and the ID number off the back of the discs - just like what others have posted about the phone call.