The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abramís Universe... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=182909)

1bulma1 July 25 2012 10:18 AM

William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abramís Universe...

http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/07/...k-Movies.shtml

Is it just me or does anyone else think William Shatner needs to get over himself. He was happy back in 1994 with Star Trek Generations. He even said it himself that Kirk dying on the bridge was a fitting death to his character. Now star trek is all successful again and shatner wants to be a part of it or feels he is entitled to be part of it.

In all honesty, any story line about the return of Kirk Prime will suck considering the fact that his dead

Jeff O'Connor July 25 2012 10:21 AM

Re: William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abramís Universe...

Oh boy, this again. (Not a sleight at you. Just... he's been saying this for a long, long time.)

SalvorHardin July 25 2012 11:07 AM

Dťjŗ Vu

Haggis and tatties July 25 2012 11:56 AM

Oh, my!!

F. King Daniel July 25 2012 01:06 PM

I really enjoyed Shatner's novel series, starring a resurrected Kirk in the 24th century after Generations. I'd buy a book where he got sucked thru a black hole, reunited with Spock Prime and helped his younger self save the galaxy. But a movie? Nu uh.

BillJ July 25 2012 01:45 PM

I love Shatner's Kirk, hell its one of the elements that make Trek so memorable. But that day is over.

SpookyCat July 25 2012 01:50 PM

IDK Maybe give Shatner a quick flashback scene? He's such a big part of the old Trek. I wouldn't think a small amount of face time in a new movie would hurt. But hey, that's me. :)

billcosby July 25 2012 01:59 PM

I loved it when this story came out five years ago... and then we got Nimoy who was a much better cameo!!

1bulma1 July 25 2012 02:03 PM

flash back scene with him and spock prime might be cool but in all honesty flash back scenes in films, majority of the times tends to be cheesy and corny and I say this because I just saw the dark knight rises recently and yes the flash back scenes where some of the corniest part of what I deem to be an averagely good film.

Maybe JJ with his brilliant directing will do a good flash back scene with TOS kirk and Spock an Shatner will get his wish to be part of the new universe...

SalvorHardin July 25 2012 02:19 PM

We could have a scene where Pine Kirk is chillin in his ready room, checking out some new apps on his communicator.
And there's one app that takes a holographic photo of you and shows how you're going to look when you get old.
A hologram of Shatner comes up...cameo achieved.

ChristopherPike July 25 2012 02:41 PM

I think we'd all better go emigrate to JJ Abrams' universe...

Although whatever the reality, Star Trek seems to mostly be about "pining for the fjords" anyhow.

SiddFinch1 July 25 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Rhaven wrote: (Post 6694862)
IDK Maybe give Shatner a quick flashback scene? He's such a big part of the old Trek. I wouldn't think a small amount of face time in a new movie would hurt. But hey, that's me. :)

I loved his work as kirk but the time for a cameo.was last tome in a message to young kirk to show he was still alive post generations... now its irrelevant. This kirk's future is unwritten so no need to show a future version

Sindatur July 25 2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

SiddFinch1 wrote: (Post 6696806)
Quote:

Rhaven wrote: (Post 6694862)

I loved his work as kirk but the time for a cameo.was last tome in a message to young kirk to show he was still alive post generations... now its irrelevant. This kirk's future is unwritten so no need to show a future version

Yea, Shatner's great as Kirk, the first movie was the opportunity to do Prime Universe Cameos. I wouldn't mind if they brought him in to play another small part, despite the fact we've seen him not looking much different playing Kirk, but, at this point, I'm not hot on the idea of a Prime Kirk cameo

I suspose they could have Spock remember back to a conversation with Kirk in the Prime Universe, right before his trip back in time, and take something from that conversation and make it relevant to the plot of the movie, but, I don't think I'd be in favor of it any other way.

Balrog July 25 2012 10:33 PM

They could redo 'The Deadly Years' and at a certain point replace Pine with Shatner.

JarodRussell July 25 2012 10:40 PM

LOL, what's up with you guys?

The interviewer asks him:Is there any chance you can be in the next or a future Star Trek?

And he simply answer: Well, I would love to.

Talk about making things up and blowing things out of proportion and taking things out of context all at once.