The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Odyssey - A New Sci-Fi Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=182873)

Odyssey2453 July 25 2012 12:13 AM

Odyssey - A New Sci-Fi Series

(snipped)

Odyssey a new sci-fi series is beginning its Kickstarter Campaign September 8, 2012 to raise funds for its pilot episode. Odyssey stars Manu Intiraymi, Star Trek: Voyager's Icheb as the young Captain of the Odyssey IV, a starship from the Milky Way Galaxy sent to explore the distant and mysterious Andromeda Galaxy.

While in Andromeda discoveries are made, battles are fought, lives are changed and a destiny that effects two galaxies is revealed.

For updates on this project please check out our facebook page:
(snipped)

Christopher July 25 2012 12:55 AM

Re: Odyssey - A New Sci-Fi Series

You might want to rethink that ship name, because it strays a little close to the title of Manny Coto's Odyssey 5 (and the namesake space shuttle Odyssey in that series' pilot).

RoJoHen July 25 2012 04:54 PM

Actually, when I read the thread title, I thought this was going to be a new sci-fi/fantasy series about Odysseus and his whacky mythological adventures.

Vendikarr July 25 2012 06:03 PM

Is this spam?

I see kickstarter campaigns muddying up bbs all over the web, I'd hate to see that happen here.

Lindley July 25 2012 06:18 PM

The idea sounds familiar.

Professor Zoom July 26 2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Vendikarr wrote: (Post 6696179)
Is this spam?

I see kickstarter campaigns muddying up bbs all over the web, I'd hate to see that happen here.

Yeah. This.

It's one thing if it's someone with a posting history here, but a cadet who just signed up to post their kickstarter campaign?

yeah, my money will sit in my pocket.

Asbo Zaprudder July 26 2012 03:08 AM

Call the series "Ulysses" - it'd chronicle the voyages of Capt. Leo Bloom and his medical officer, Stephen Dedalus, on their voyages around the denizens of the black pool.

Drago-Kazov July 26 2012 08:40 AM

I could watch him in the lead role. He matured a lot so he won't look goofy.

BillJ July 26 2012 02:20 PM

Touting its connection to Voyager probably isn't a smart move. :lol:

Drago-Kazov July 26 2012 02:30 PM

Was Icheb in any of the really bad episodes and idon't think thats their marketing strategy,most people probably don't know who Icheb is.

Neroon July 26 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Odyssey2453 wrote: (Post 6692600)
(snipped)

Odyssey a new sci-fi series is beginning its Kickstarter Campaign September 8, 2012 to raise funds for its pilot episode. Odyssey stars Manu Intiraymi, Star Trek: Voyager's Icheb as the young Captain of the Odyssey IV, a starship from the Milky Way Galaxy sent to explore the distant and mysterious Andromeda Galaxy.

While in Andromeda discoveries are made, battles are fought, lives are changed and a destiny that effects two galaxies is revealed.

For updates on this project please check out our facebook page:
(snipped)

Infraction for spamming