The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Supergirl Animated Movie (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=182072)

Admiral_Young July 16 2012 07:31 PM

Supergirl Animated Movie

"Castle" actress Molly Quinn is going to be voicing Supergirl as part of their 2013 line-up.

http://www.dccollectors.com/2012/07/...nimated-movie/

Christopher July 16 2012 07:34 PM

Re: Supergirl Animated Movie

Neat!

Although it's not really a Supergirl movie, it's a Superman movie with Supergirl playing a prominent role.

Admiral_Young July 16 2012 07:57 PM

Yep...my bad, for some reason I read this as a Supergirl movie. Superman: Brainiac was maybe the most poignant part of Geoff Johns Superman run and certainly the most emotional apex of his run since it deals with the death of Jonathan Kent. Should be interesting to see how they adapt it.

davejames July 16 2012 09:37 PM

Darn, I was hoping it would be a Supergirl movie as well.

Be interesting to see if they go for a similar Superman design as in the comic though...

Admiral_Young July 16 2012 10:40 PM

Would be awesome to get animated Gary Frank art work :)

Gojira July 17 2012 02:37 AM

This is awesome. I'd love a good Supergirl animated movie.

JD July 17 2012 03:57 AM

So now three Castle cast members will have done DC stuff. Nathan Fillion has been Steve Trevor and Hal Jordan (twice), and Stana Katic was Talia in Arkham City. I like Quinn on Castle, so it'll be interesting to see her Supergirl.

Christopher July 17 2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 6649013)
So now three Castle cast members will have done DC stuff. Nathan Fillion has been Steve Trevor and Hal Jordan (twice), and Stana Katic was Talia in Arkham City. I like Quinn on Castle, so it'll be interesting to see her Supergirl.

Four. Before any of those, Susan Sullivan was Queen Hippolyta on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (and also has a Marvel connection, having played Bill Bixby's love interest in the pilot of The Incredible Hulk).

And you can throw in some recurring Castle guest stars: DC Animated Universe veterans include Dana Delany (Lois Lane and Andrea Beaumont), Michael Dorn (Steel and Kalibak), Phil LaMarr (Green Lantern, a different Steel, and others), and Robert Picardo (Amazo). Dan Castellaneta (who appeared as a judge a couple of times on Castle) was the Ventriloquist/Scarface on The Batman. And currently, Michael Trucco and Adrian Pasdar play unrelated characters named Strange (Adam and Hugo, respectively) on Young Justice.

JD July 18 2012 05:00 AM

I knew about Dorn, and Delany but none of the rest of those people.

drychlick July 18 2012 08:40 AM

so what is the 3 movie out next year? we the 1st will the dark knight returns! 2 will be this movie and number 3? does any 1 know for sure! please write thanks!:)

Admiral_Young July 18 2012 08:45 AM

"The Dark Knight Returns Part I", "The Dark Knight Returns Part II", "Superman: Brainiac" (or whatever they call this), and "Flashpoint".

Christopher July 18 2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 6655913)
"Superman: Brainiac" (or whatever they call this)

I hope they don't call it that, since that's unfortunately reminiscent of Superman: Brainiac Attacks, a movie I have no desire to reminisce about.

drychlick July 18 2012 06:15 PM

thank for the imfomtion Admiral young! have a great day! does this meen the Dark knight part 1 and 2 both be next or will 1 be out in the fall thank Drychlick

nvek86 July 18 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

drychlick wrote: (Post 6657701)
thank for the imfomtion Admiral young! have a great day! does this meen the Dark knight part 1 and 2 both be next or will 1 be out in the fall thank Drychlick

Part 1 of The Dark Knight Returns will come out this fall, part 2 early next year.

Ian Keldon July 18 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

davejames wrote: (Post 6647048)
Darn, I was hoping it would be a Supergirl movie as well.

WB banned any further female-lead movies a year or two ago because they were PO-d that the Wonder Woman DTDVD took too long to make its money back. They want projects that will sell the required number of units in a month or two, not 6-12 months.