The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Another Catwoman??? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=181676)

Warped9 July 12 2012 06:59 PM

Another Catwoman???
 
For awhile I was into reading the Catwoman comics. Eventually, though, I did drift away. That said way back when when I heard of a Catwoman feature film I was initially intrigued...until I heard what was being done with it. And then there was the actual film itself and what practically everyone was saying about it. Not good.

Now, not saying it's going to happen, but Chris Nolan himself muses about a Catwoman feature.

I'll still reserve further judgment until I see The Dark Knight Rises next week, but is this something anyone else might be interested to see?

Thoughts anyone?

Admiral James Kirk July 12 2012 07:02 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Unless he's going to oversee it personally and focus the story on Ann Hathaway's Catwoman I say it's best to leave the whole thing alone.

Peacemaker July 12 2012 07:13 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
True that. I am, however, much more interested in her Catwoman than I am anything else in this movie. I just find the character fascinating.

Christopher July 12 2012 07:48 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
If Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is anywhere near as impressive in her performance as she is in appearance, I'd gladly see her get a spinoff film, as long as it were sufficiently well-done to avoid comparisons to the Halle Berry film. Christopher Nolan may be done with the franchise, but possibly his brother could handle the spinoff?

RoJoHen July 12 2012 07:51 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Yeah, it'll all depend on how Catwoman comes across in this new movie. From what I've seen of the previews, I wouldn't mind an Anne Hathaway Catwoman movie.

I don't know much about Catwoman beyond her appearances in Batman. Does she have her own set of villains? What should a Catwoman movie be about?

Admiral2 July 12 2012 08:04 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Ann Hathaway is the worst choice for Catwoman since Halle Berry. If the new Catwoman movie stars her, I pass.

sidious618 July 12 2012 08:05 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627035)
Ann Hathaway is the worst choice for Catwoman since Halle Berry. If the new Catwoman movie stars her, I pass.

I didn't know you'd already seen The Dark Knight Rises.

Admiral James Kirk July 12 2012 08:07 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 6627044)
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627035)
Ann Hathaway is the worst choice for Catwoman since Halle Berry. If the new Catwoman movie stars her, I pass.

I didn't know you'd already seen The Dark Knight Rises.

+1! :techman:

Admiral2 July 12 2012 08:39 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

Admiral James Kirk wrote: (Post 6627053)
Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 6627044)
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627035)
Ann Hathaway is the worst choice for Catwoman since Halle Berry. If the new Catwoman movie stars her, I pass.

I didn't know you'd already seen The Dark Knight Rises.

+1! :techman:

It's the girl from f---ing Princess Diaries. You want to waste energy giving her the benefit of the doubt, feel free.

RoJoHen July 12 2012 08:41 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Because no actor or actress has ever played two different types of roles before.

Admiral James Kirk July 12 2012 08:45 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627218)
Quote:

Admiral James Kirk wrote: (Post 6627053)
Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 6627044)

I didn't know you'd already seen The Dark Knight Rises.

+1! :techman:

It's the girl from f---ing Princess Diaries. You want to waste energy giving her the benefit of the doubt, feel free.

Yes, let's typecast. Shall we?

The movie is starring the kid from f--ing Newsies!
Co-starring the old fart from f--ing Jaws the Revenge!
Also costarring the kid from f--ing Third Rock from the Sun!
And let us not forget the villain is the bad guy from f--ing Star Trek: Nemesis!

Typecasting is fun! See how edgy and cynical I am? :D

JD July 12 2012 09:06 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627218)
Quote:

Admiral James Kirk wrote: (Post 6627053)
Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 6627044)

I didn't know you'd already seen The Dark Knight Rises.

+1! :techman:

It's the girl from f---ing Princess Diaries. You want to waste energy giving her the benefit of the doubt, feel free.

Yeah, because it's not like she's done any serious Oscar winning dramas or anything.

davejames July 12 2012 09:09 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
I think it could be cool, although there are a lot of other female superhero movies I'd rather see first (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl...)

Admiral James Kirk July 12 2012 09:13 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 6627434)
Quote:

Admiral2 wrote: (Post 6627218)
Quote:

Admiral James Kirk wrote: (Post 6627053)

+1! :techman:

It's the girl from f---ing Princess Diaries. You want to waste energy giving her the benefit of the doubt, feel free.

Yeah, because it's not like she's done any serious Oscar winning dramas or anything.

Please note that Hathaway herself was an Oscar nominee.

wamdue July 12 2012 09:13 PM

Re: Another Catwoman???
 
Quote:

davejames wrote: (Post 6627467)
I think it could be cool, although there are a lot of other female superhero movies I'd rather see first (Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl...)

or, and stay with me on this one.

"The All Female Justice League" featuring, Wonder Woman, Bat Girl, Supergirl and new recruit Catwoman.

Not exactly sure what the plot would be however.

other possible members include Black Canary and Hawk Girl.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.