The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Farscape... I am liking this series... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=181015)

Joerib July 5 2012 10:46 PM

Farscape... I am liking this series...

Just started a marathon of this show and I am wondering why I never gave it a shot when it first came out.... :techman: :techman: :techman:

RoJoHen July 5 2012 10:57 PM

Re: Farscape... I am liking this series...

Farscape remains to this day my favorite show of all time. I have probably watched it straight through at least a dozen times.

Temis the Vorta July 5 2012 11:34 PM

It's unique. I wish there was another show like it on right now.

MacLeod July 5 2012 11:38 PM

Been watching a few episodes myself recently, as it's rerunning on FX at the moment.

Solstice July 6 2012 12:24 AM

It's a pretty good show. Definitely very offbeat, and ahead of its time--perhaps a bit too weird for most people.

Leviathan July 6 2012 12:31 AM

Excellent series.

"Talyn......starburst"

Harvey July 6 2012 12:36 AM

It's my favorite sf series. It offers a unique and zany take on the space opera that nothing else even comes close to. Better, it manages to pull it off. It would be much improved if the series had been given a full fifth season rather than an eventual miniseries to wrap things up, but the conclusion is perfectly satisfying when it comes to the primary characters.

What I've read of the recent comics have been fun, too, although I'm rather behind on them.

Velocity July 6 2012 02:18 AM

Also, about the only SF show that managed to get Romance right.

Guy Gardener July 6 2012 03:10 AM

She smothered him with her crotch seconds after meeting.

How is John supposed to play it cool after that?

Hanukkah Solo July 6 2012 03:12 AM

One of my favorite shows of all time. It's too bad we didn't get that fifth season, but The Peacekeeper Wars was a pretty good consolation prize.

JD July 6 2012 06:28 AM

Farscape is one of my all time favorite shows. If you decide you want more Farscape after you watch Peace Keeper Wars, Trek author Keith R.A. DeCandido and the show's creator Rockne S. O'Bannondid an official continuation comic series (you'll have to scroll down a bit, and I would recommend not reading to many of the descriptions, they are spoilery for PK Wars and the later bits of the series). I haven't read it yet myself, but I plan to some time in the near future.

RoJoHen July 6 2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Leviathan wrote: (Post 6594961)
Excellent series.

"Talyn......starburst"

Now I want to cry.

Guy Gardener July 6 2012 10:28 AM

I just about shat a brick when I figured out that Pilot and Crais were the same dude because they REALLY did not get along.

Forbin July 6 2012 12:58 PM

Watch pilot closely while he's talking. The puppeteers' lip sync is so good you can almost read his lips!

Gov Kodos July 6 2012 01:16 PM

I loved how the characters developed with each other. There was a lot of unique interaction among all of them that is not often seen in other sci fi shows. And the final scene on Moya in Peace Keeper Wars is truly joyful.