The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Orci: Characters Not In Star Trek 2 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=180280)

TrekToday June 27 2012 09:40 PM

Orci: Characters Not In Star Trek 2

Star Trek 2 Co-writer Roberto Orci tells fans which characters (and one race) will not be seen in Star Trek 2. Four specific original series characters and one race were mentioned by Orci as being absent from Star Trek 2. The race that won’t be seen in Star Trek 2 will be the Borg. Four [...]

More...

CoveTom June 27 2012 10:14 PM

Re: Orci: Characters Not In Star Trek 2

I really hope J.J. Abrams stays away from the Borg permanently. That dead horse has been beaten to death, long before prime universe Trek ended. As for characters from TOS, I actually wouldn't mind seeing an appearance by a familiar character such as Janice Rand or Gary Mitchell, but if they go the route of re-doing a major villain such as Khan, I think that would be a letdown.

Maab of the Ten Tribes June 28 2012 06:45 PM

Why would he specifically mention Ruk? I found that to be odd. Was there speculation of a Roger Corby story line and that Cumberbatch was playing Corby?

Also I guess if a Roger Corby story line is ruled out we won't see a re-vamped Andrea either.

The Wormhole June 30 2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Maab of the Ten Tribes wrote: (Post 6562243)
Why would he specifically mention Ruk? I found that to be odd. Was there speculation of a Roger Corby story line and that Cumberbatch was playing Corby?

Also I guess if a Roger Corby story line is ruled out we won't see a re-vamped Andrea either.

Orci's just goofing off and picked random characters to say they won't be mentioned in the movie. Clearly he thought of Ruk before Korob popped into his head. There's nothing deeper than that.

Although since he's not on that list, I'm hoping that maybe Larry Marvick is going to be in the movie.

controlfreak June 30 2012 08:21 AM

Korob and Larry Marvick are definitely going to be in the film.

JarodRussell June 30 2012 02:03 PM

Other characters not in AbramsTrek 2 are Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura, Chekov, Sulu and Scotty. :p

flcat June 30 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 6571234)
Other characters not in AbramsTrek 2 are Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura, Chekov, Sulu and Scotty. :p

Good! It's about time the secondary characters got some screen time to develop. :cool:

Hartzilla2007 July 1 2012 06:16 PM

Why is nobody talking about the other thing the article says you know the whole Abrams has had talks with CBS about doing a new trek cartoon.

trekkiebaggio July 1 2012 06:33 PM

If Ruk isn't in it I hope the penis rock can still make an appearance :D.

The Wormhole July 2 2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

trekkiebaggio wrote: (Post 6575275)
If Ruk isn't in it I hope the penis rock can still make an appearance :D.

No, damn it! Abrams has to stop taking things from TOS and start coming up with his own ideas. I like Penis Rock as much as anyone, but this movie needs a fresh new approach.

Besides, we'd probably have Penis Rock rendered in CGI and it would probably look totally wrong. Too small or something...

Set Harth July 2 2012 01:17 AM

Penis rock envy.

The Keeper July 2 2012 01:59 AM

What else could they do, rock vagina?

PLOT HOLE!

CoveTom July 2 2012 02:19 AM

I will boycott this movie if there is not a penis rock.

Set Harth July 3 2012 01:16 AM

You have to bring your own.

Temis the Vorta July 3 2012 08:36 PM

Should be interesting, trying to sneak that into the theater.