The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Clerks: Quick Stop and RST Video (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=179116)

Trekker4747 June 14 2012 03:07 AM

Clerks: Quick Stop and RST Video

I'm watching "Clerks" and I'm wondering something and I've never been able to figure it out. On the front of the Quick Stop/RST Video building there's three doors. The shuttered one that leads into the convenience store (Quick Stop) then there's the one that leads into the video store. But there's a door in between the two and I'm wondering where it goes into as there's no second door in either store, seems like there should be another shop or something here.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/...4747/QStop.jpg

scnj June 14 2012 03:29 AM

Re: Clerks: Quick Stop and RST Video

It's not big enough to be another shop. Probably a small office or something.

sojourner June 14 2012 03:31 AM

That's the asian massage parlour. Most people park in back.

ManOnTheWave June 14 2012 04:30 AM

It's probably just an office for the building owner/ manager, however, I have been in shops where employees who work behind a counter enter through a separate entrance kept locked. If it is connected to the convenience store, it's where the owner counts his profits. If it's connected to the video store, it may be where they keep all of the tapes.

Gov Kodos June 14 2012 04:47 AM

the numbers 58, and 58A, imply to me the second door is a subsection to the convenience store. Could it be an outside entrance to the bathroom? The area might have separate men's and women's rooms and the doors of the store and outside go to an anteroom of sorts.

od0_ital June 14 2012 06:33 AM

Could just be a stockroom for the stores, since its too small to be anything else, and the movie established that the restrooms were inside the convenience store.

Peter Q Taggart June 14 2012 06:43 PM

In the "Clerks Holiday Special" comic book, written by Kevin, it's an entrance to Santa's workshop.

Admiral_Young June 14 2012 09:02 PM

I always thought that was the roof top access door. *Shrugs*. I don't think we ever saw how they got up top to the roof to play hockey.

Gov Kodos June 14 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 6498184)
I always thought that was the roof top access door. *Shrugs*. I don't think we ever saw how they got up top to the roof to play hockey.

I thought they used the ladder.

Admiral_Young June 14 2012 10:16 PM

It's been a while since I've seen the film...but yeah. I just assumed that the complex would have a front door roof access as well? Maybe someone should tweet Kevin and ask him if they have twitter.

Tom Hendricks June 14 2012 10:34 PM

I actually have a friend who lives not to far from there, I'll ask if he can swing by and check it out and maybe get pictures. Many years ago I intended to make a pilgrimage to the Quick Stop and RST Video to bathe in the goodness. However we never did make it, that night is still a blur.

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 6498583)
It's been a while since I've seen the film...but yeah. I just assumed that the complex would have a front door roof access as well? Maybe someone should tweet Kevin and ask him if they have twitter.

Trekker4747 June 15 2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Gov Kodos wrote: (Post 6498205)
Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 6498184)

I thought they used the ladder.

There was clearly a ladder since Scott Mosier climbed up there from outside the Quick Stop in order to crash the hockey game.

Data Holmes June 15 2012 03:13 AM

I think it's the store's office. Smith talked about sleeping in it during shooting nights, and writing the script in there before they made it.

Trekker4747 June 15 2012 03:18 AM

That makes sense.

Saga June 15 2012 09:35 AM

i use to know the answer for this. i think Data Holmes is correct. seems like i recall one of the old Omni Clerks comics addressing the mystery of the middle door in an amusing way. have to dig that comic out.