The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" trailer (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=178462)

CaptainCanada June 6 2012 10:30 PM

Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" trailer

Trailer.

I was interested in this when I heard the premise, which is very high-concept, and the trailer is promising.

Icemizer June 6 2012 11:34 PM

Re: Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" trailer

Q-bert made me laugh.

auntiehill June 7 2012 01:57 AM

That looks ADORABLE! I love the premise and the trailer looks great.

I can't believe I've never even heard of this before.

Mr. Adventure June 7 2012 02:04 AM

And yet the tie-in videogame based on the movie will probably suck.

Flying Spaghetti Monster June 7 2012 02:22 AM

I love 80's video games, and smiled at seeing Clyde and Q-Bert, and, unlike most animated films these days, I kind of liked the premise. Yet the trailer overall left me feeling cold. Looks very predictable. They could have gone in a lot of visual directions with this, but they didn't. It was also a golden opportunity to reference the original Tron video game, but I doubt they did.

Given choice between this and Brave I'll take this any day

JD June 7 2012 02:53 AM

Looks like a lot of fun to me. I love the fact that they're using so many real video game characters in this. It looks kinda like Toy Story for video games, which is IMO a good thing.

Peach Wookiee June 7 2012 06:37 AM

That looks amazing. And I wonder how many deals they had to make to get some of those characters in the movie.

Warp Coil June 7 2012 06:26 PM

I watched the trailer this morning. This looks potentially very fun.

Sheep June 7 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Peach Wookiee wrote: (Post 6459808)
That looks amazing. And I wonder how many deals they had to make to get some of those characters in the movie.

The same thought crossed my mind. I was shocked to see actual video game characters like M. Bison, Zangief and Dr. Robotnik and not knockoffs.

Today was literally the first time I've heard of this movie when a friend forwarded me the trailer. It looks good but I was kind of hoping the whole thing would be done in pseudo 8-bit arcade style.

Aragorn September 6 2012 10:51 PM

Just heard about this movie which I thought had a great concept, so I figured I'd bump the thread. :D

Locutus of Bored September 6 2012 11:47 PM

That looks like a lot of fun. The kids will enjoy it, but their parents can enjoy it too for the 80's/90's video games nostalgia. I'm there.

ryan123450 September 7 2012 02:30 AM

The fact that they actually got existing characters to cameo is what seems to make the film for me. If it were all original characters I wouldn't be nearly as interested.

Turd Ferguson September 7 2012 03:30 AM

I've been excited about this for a while. The scene in the therapy group cracked me up with Bowser blowing flames. I'm kinda curious what the Disney version of Noob Saibot will be like :)

auntiehill September 7 2012 05:55 AM

Still another couple of months until it comes out. Ah well.

Unicron September 8 2012 01:20 AM

I saw the trailer not too long ago at the theater too and think it looks interesting. Hopefully it'll be good.