The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Re: S4's Rejoined (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=176746)

Photon May 22 2012 02:35 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Rejoined is an ep I've seen only 1x before today. Decided to watch it again.

Positive: Terry Farrell did a nice job on this episode. I know there's haters out there, but really thought she was not wooden and did well in her acting.
Sisko was great. Brooks was intense without being over the top

Negative: the episode is plodding and boring and has the feel of Days of Our Lives.

Overall: its a disappointment. That said, its hard to follow: Way of the Warrior, The Visitor, Indiscretion, and Hippocratic Oath, So perhaps its not quite bad as I think it is against this all-star back drop.

sonak May 22 2012 05:26 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
I basically agree with you here. It got a lot of attention when it came out, but it's boring soap opera-Trek of the type I hated when it was on TNG.

Photon May 22 2012 06:57 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

sonak wrote: (Post 6377860)
I basically agree with you here. It got a lot of attention when it came out, but it's boring soap opera-Trek of the type I hated when it was on TNG.

and I said nothing about "The Kiss"

I wanted to not to even mention that b/c that's what ppl get hung up on (whether good or bad)

(it wasn't a per se lesbian kiss anywho)

BruntFCA May 22 2012 09:22 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Photon May 23 2012 01:04 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6379426)
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Gotta have some action, Brunt

DonIago May 23 2012 01:31 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
I'm guessing you don't think highly of The Inner Light then.

sonak May 23 2012 01:35 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

DonIago wrote: (Post 6380698)
I'm guessing you don't think highly of The Inner Light then.


The Inner Light is a great sci-fi concept executed well.

Rejoined is boring soap opera.

Photon May 23 2012 03:12 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

DonIago wrote: (Post 6380698)
I'm guessing you don't think highly of The Inner Light then.

Inner Light didn't have that soap opera feel. It was OK.

It wasn't 2 women (or one ex) talking about their feelings.

You might need to turn in your man card for liking this

BruntFCA May 23 2012 08:41 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

Photon wrote: (Post 6380611)
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6379426)
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Gotta have some action, Brunt

To be honest I'm kind of surprised that I like this episode as much as I do considering romance of the week episodes in Trek are normally pretty wretched and I've never really liked Jadzia but whenever I think about S4 Rejoined always rises to the top in my mind.

Photon May 24 2012 12:32 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6384610)
Quote:

Photon wrote: (Post 6380611)
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6379426)
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Gotta have some action, Brunt

To be honest I'm kind of surprised that I like this episode as much as I do considering romance of the week episodes in Trek are normally pretty wretched and I've never really liked Jadzia but whenever I think about S4 Rejoined always rises to the top in my mind.

Rejoined=Much Eye Candy

Miss Lemon May 24 2012 07:18 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
It's one of the few decent love stories in Trek.

DS9 Gal AZ May 24 2012 10:00 PM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
I really enjoyed this episode, it's a sentimental favorite of mine. I liked that it was a genuine love story. The kiss scene was well done and felt passionate without being cheap or exploitative. I wish it had been referenced in future episode, the whole "reassociation thing."

Ln X May 26 2012 12:44 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6379426)
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Backing you up here, and I agree. There's nothing wrong with a soap opera that both pulls at your heartstrings AND makes you think. I mean it's a clever idea and this episode explores the 'final frontiers' of love.

The only negative: Susanna Thompson made Terry Farrell look plain!

sonak May 26 2012 03:37 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

Ln X wrote: (Post 6397765)
Quote:

BruntFCA wrote: (Post 6379426)
I actually think this is one of the best episodes of S4.

Backing you up here, and I agree. There's nothing wrong with a soap opera that both pulls at your heartstrings AND makes you think. I mean it's a clever idea and this episode explores the 'final frontiers' of love.

The only negative: Susanna Thompson made Terry Farrell look plain!


I assume that last line is a joke. Or you watched this episode on a TV with poor reception.

Ln X May 26 2012 11:49 AM

Re: S4's Rejoined
 
Quote:

sonak wrote: (Post 6398389)
I assume that last line is a joke. Or you watched this episode on a TV with poor reception.

I'm serious, and I've seen that episode at least four times on DVD. Terry looks good, and in any other episode she would probably be the most glamorous female character, however Susanna Thompson simply is a magnitude more glamorous in that episode.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.