The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   House: Series Finale. "Everybody Dies." Discussion/Spoilers (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=176653)

Trekker4747 May 21 2012 03:51 AM

House: Series Finale. "Everybody Dies." Discussion/Spoilers

From TV.com:

Quote:

House treats a drug patient and is forced to examine his own life and confront his personal demons.
House Medical Reviews

Quote:

Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg." I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning. This ray of sunshine is Doctor Lisa Cuddy. Doctor Cuddy runs this whole hospital, so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a board-certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will. But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain-management problem, I have a pain problem ... But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?
House, MD ends its eight-season run Monday night with a two-hour finale.

I thought for a series finale it was deserving of its own thread which would also allow us to have a (multiple question) poll.

Between now and when the finale starts (and even during) let's discuss the road this series has been on between here and there. Share favorite quotes and moments.

Snaploud May 21 2012 05:15 AM

Re: House: Series Finale. "Everybody Dies." Discussion/Spoilers

The preview indicated some sort of retrospective, so it's hard to tell how much of the 2-hour finale will actually be a new episode.

Caliburn24 May 21 2012 05:18 AM

Whats the over/under on House dying? I got ten bucks that says he lives.

And the final diagnosis should be lupus.

Skywalker May 21 2012 05:52 AM

I haven't watched a single episode since Season Four, debating whether or not to tune in for the finale anyway.

Enterprise is Great May 21 2012 06:36 AM

I'm an on and off watcher of House and I'm tuning in for the finale tomorrow. I've wtched it enough to want to see how it ends.

sojourner May 21 2012 07:41 PM

As long as he puts the tights on and flies, I'll be happy.

Skywalker May 21 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

sojourner wrote: (Post 6373564)
As long as he puts the tights on and flies, I'll be happy.

Even if he does, they'll only show him from a distance so you can't actually make out the suit.

Trekker4747 May 22 2012 01:07 AM

So it's an hour-long retrospective and then the episode.

Interesting the episode begins with Hugh Laurie using his real, natural, English accent.

Agent Richard07 May 22 2012 01:42 AM

I thought... These teasers are getting weirder and weirder. And why is House speaking with a british accent?

I wasn't expecting a retrospective.

As for the finale, it wouldn't surprise me if House dies and/or we see Cuddy make a surprise appearance.

Trekker4747 May 22 2012 02:09 AM

House is in.... Hell?

gh4chiefs May 22 2012 02:20 AM

Yeah not really digging it thus far, but it's probably because whatever it's supposed to be is going right over my head.

Spot's Meow May 22 2012 02:32 AM

I have watched many episodes from the beginning of the series, not when they aired but over several months last year when I was unemployed. I didn't see all of them and stopped watching shortly after the new interns were chosen (13 and the rest) because I found the original interns much more interesting and it was disappointing not having them around full time anymore. I've seen a few later ones here and there.

I will likely tune into the finale tonight, mostly because all my other shows have ended for the season and I have nothing else to watch. It should be interesting.

Allyn Gibson May 22 2012 03:03 AM

Okay, that was... unexpected.

Frankly, I was bored with the episode up until Cameron showed up -- and I was confused to the extent that I thought the episode was trying to imply that both Cameron and Stacy were dead. Obviously, they weren't, but the rules the episode seemed to be playing by suggested that they were. I liked seeing Andre Braugher again, even if it was just for a minute. The absence of Cuddy was... understandable.

It managed to be a little bit "The Final Problem" (with House having a public death) and a little bit "His Last Bow" (with House and Wilson going off and retiring together).

Agent Richard07 May 22 2012 03:10 AM

I was a bit "meh" on the episode and as I was watching, I thought that our ideas were better, but I liked seeing old faces again (didn't recognize Kal Penn at first) and loved the last few minutes quite a bit. In the end, that was a better way to go and made up for the rest of the finale. A shame we didn't get to see Cuddy though. I wonder what happened with Lisa Edelstein that made an appearance not come to fruition.

gh4chiefs May 22 2012 03:14 AM

I don't know if it was because I was bored with the episode and not paying proper attention, or i'm just dense, but why exactly was House in that warehouse with that patient?