The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Trek Quote Game (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=162211)

JD February 18 2012 12:53 AM

Trek Quote Game

I thought it might fun to do a new quote game. I think we've done this here in the past, but I can't remember exactly what kind of rules it had so here's how I would play it. Someone will post a quote from a random Trek book, and people will have to identify the book. You can post one clue when you first post the quote and every day someone doesn't get it right, whoever posted the quote will post another clue, like the author or pub date. This will continue until someone gets the correct book and then the person who got it right will post a new quote from a different book.
Quote:

QUOTE 1 wrote:
"Mr. Spock", she said, with quite composure, "someone must tell the crew what has happened. It isn't fare the make them find out through rumor, or the way Jenniver did. The way I did. You're in command now. If you can't-if you'd prefer not to do it you must ask someone else to."

Clue 1: It's a TOS book written before TNG premiered.

Sho February 18 2012 01:13 AM

Re: Trek Quote Game

I feel bad because I don't remember the actual quote, but I remember the peculiar spelling of Jenniver from The Entropy Effect ...

JD February 18 2012 02:10 AM

Damn, I was hoping that one was old enough it would take longer. You got it, so go ahead and post you're quote.

Sho February 18 2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Y'know, you're cute when you're ethical.
Clue 1: The book's title was not its first use in Star Trek licensed media.

21Spike65 February 18 2012 03:00 AM

I know I've read that line...I'm going to guess TNG: Reunion based on the hint.

Sho February 18 2012 03:37 AM

Nope, cold, sorry :).

Alas, it's almost bed time in this corner of the universe (well, more like long past to be honest :)), so I might be some time until the next response.

BrotherBenny February 18 2012 05:18 AM

The/ Kobayashi Maru?

Defcon February 18 2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 5838202)
I thought it might fun to do a new quote game. I think we've done this here in the past, but I can't remember exactly what kind of rules it had so here's how I would play it.

FWIW, I think this was the last incarnation of this game here.

Sho February 19 2012 02:00 AM

Nope, not Kobayashi Maru. Here's Clue 2:

Quote:

Hello, I'm a ... - And I'm a PC.

Sho February 19 2012 06:56 PM

It hasn't been 24h, but I'll post a third clue now, and maybe someone will figure it out in the half-hour or so before I will likely call it a day: The previous use of the title was for a video game released for PCs.

Defcon February 19 2012 06:59 PM

Harbinger?

Sho February 19 2012 07:03 PM

Yep! Diego Reyes to Rana Desai, when she cancels dinner plans over an ongoing inquiry involving Reyes. Accordingly, the missing word in clue 2 is Mack, playing off an Apple ad campaign.

Defcon February 19 2012 07:14 PM

New quote:

Quote:

"Oh, don't worry, I didn't take it personally," the ambassador replied, with only slight glee. "One of my best friends shot me once, and that was a gesture of affection."
Clue 1: The book was released under the banner of one of the 24th Century series.

PKS8304 February 21 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Defcon wrote: (Post 5847217)
New quote:

Quote:

"Oh, don't worry, I didn't take it personally," the ambassador replied, with only slight glee. "One of my best friends shot me once, and that was a gesture of affection."
Clue 1: The book was released under the banner of one of the 24th Century series.

Una McCormack's DS9: Never Ending Sacrifice?

Defcon February 21 2012 08:40 PM

Correct, your turn.