The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   So who's buying the Playstation Vita? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=162100)

Tribble puncher February 17 2012 04:09 AM

So who's buying the Playstation Vita?

Anyone?

Havn't seen much buzz about it other than Taco Bell. I'm probibly gonna pass on it. I played a demo unit at my local gamestop and while it has good graphics, it just seems like more of the same ol same ol. I bought the PSP when it came out last time, and I felt kinda burned by it. Heck, I'm still content with my ds lite. With mobile phone gaming improving by leaps and bounds, I just don't see any kind of Longevity for the Vita. It just feels like a case of too late.

Kelthaz February 17 2012 04:16 AM

Re: So who's buying the Playstation Vita?

I'll buy one as soon as they crack it and develop some decent PS2, DC, and GC emulators.

Tribble puncher February 17 2012 04:11 PM

Wow, not too many I guess, I did a search and there were no threads about the vita, so it must really not be generating that much buzz...

Saturn0660 February 17 2012 04:41 PM

We got 2 demos units at work... It looks REAL nice. I mean nice. However, everything else about it blows..

Robert Maxwell February 17 2012 04:47 PM

PSP + Pandora Battery > Vita

RoJoHen February 17 2012 05:40 PM

Aside from seeing the name on the Taco Bell marquee, I have no idea what this thing even is.

TheBrew February 17 2012 05:59 PM

Now I want some Taco Bell.

clint g February 18 2012 10:36 AM

Being the massive Persona fan that I am, I'll probably pick it up when Persona 4 comes out on the system. Other than that, I'll wait.

BigFoot February 18 2012 11:27 PM

I'm definitely tempted because of Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

BillJ February 20 2012 01:37 AM

No killer apps and a three-hour battery life equals no purchase for me.

PsychoPere February 20 2012 02:32 AM

I haven't been much of a portable gamer since the GameBoy Color days. I had a GBA SP at one point but didn't use it all that often, and I used my DS Lite even more rarely than that. I doubt I'll ever give the Vita anything more than a cursory look.

CaptJimboJones February 20 2012 10:52 PM

I checked one out at a Gamestop today, and I have to say the hardware is pretty impressive. The thing packs a serious punch. I'm not buying one at launch, since none of the launch games look like they'll grab me (well, the Uncharted game seems pretty interesting) but I'm going to be tempted when the Resistance title comes out. A true FPS with dual stick controls on a powerful portable device could be a nice thing to have when I travel.

Jax February 21 2012 04:18 PM

High Price Tag + You need to buy very pricey memory cards + MEH launch lineup (Uncharted doesn't count cause its not Naughtydog)

Nope :p

Also is it just me or does anyone else thumbs hurt after a while on a handheld console, they always feel strained after a while.

Chaos Descending February 21 2012 04:46 PM

I gotta be honest, in this day and age I just don't see the appeal of a handheld video game console.

My Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, by no means a slouch in the tech spec department) is a much better tool for "entertainment on the go". I can listen to music, watch movies and TV shows, and play games. I can even use a PS3 controller via bluetooth with the sucker.

Robert Maxwell February 21 2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Chaos Descending wrote: (Post 5860180)
I gotta be honest, in this day and age I just don't see the appeal of a handheld video game console.

My Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, by no means a slouch in the tech spec department) is a much better tool for "entertainment on the go". I can listen to music, watch movies and TV shows, and play games. I can even use a PS3 controller via bluetooth with the sucker.

I'm waiting for one of the "big boys" (Nintendo, Sony, MS) to come out with a handheld console that's also a phone, with all the features a smartphone entails. N-gage was a nice idea done in by poor industry support (and I don't know if the handheld itself was any good.)