The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=161176)

C.E. Evans February 10 2012 03:12 PM

IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
From Bleeding Cool:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/...ial-crossover/
Quote:

IDW are to publish a Doctor Who/Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover series. Featuring The Doctor, Rory, Amy, Captain Picard, Worf, Data, Geordie LaForge, Deanna Troy, Will Riker and the rest. And that this art, featuring the Doctor, Rory and Amy on the bridge of the Enterprise is a cover that will be used in the series.
Said cover art:
http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...941.jpg?2bf6c0

DarkHorizon February 10 2012 03:15 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Typing at the same time, it seems! :) Merge, please, mods?

C.E. Evans February 10 2012 03:17 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
:scream:
D'oh!

Admiral_Young February 10 2012 03:35 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Rao...this is going to be awesome, especially since the Star Trek/Legion crossover has been supremely good so far, this has the potential to blow that way, depending on who the creative team is. The DTI would probably get a headache over this.

SeerSGB February 10 2012 03:42 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Huh, might be worth checking out. Not a big fan of IDW's stuff, but every once in a while they surprise me.

Christopher February 10 2012 03:47 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
"Make it Geronimo?"

Of course, Star Trek has been repeatedly mentioned as a work of fiction in Doctor Who and its spinoffs, and the two universes follow very different ground rules anyway, so this would only work as an "imaginary story" type of thing (unless the TARDIS has found its way into the Land of Fiction once again).

SeerSGB February 10 2012 03:51 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 5792485)
"Make it Geronimo?"

Of course, Star Trek has been repeatedly mentioned as a work of fiction in Doctor Who and its spinoffs, and the two universes follow very different ground rules anyway, so this would only work as an "imaginary story" type of thing (unless the TARDIS has found its way into the Land of Fiction once again).

I can't see them playing it that way. Besides didn't one of the DW producers want to do a crossover with "Enterprise"? So it's entirely possible that they're going to play this straight.

Allyn Gibson February 10 2012 03:54 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Quote:

SeerSGB wrote: (Post 5792506)
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 5792485)
"Make it Geronimo?"

Of course, Star Trek has been repeatedly mentioned as a work of fiction in Doctor Who and its spinoffs, and the two universes follow very different ground rules anyway, so this would only work as an "imaginary story" type of thing (unless the TARDIS has found its way into the Land of Fiction once again).

I can't see them playing it that way. Besides didn't one of the DW producers want to do a crossover with "Enterprise"? So it's entirely possible that they're going to play this straight.

Russell T. Davies wanted to do a crossover, yes. He's mentioned it several times in interviews, and he wanted Julie Gardner to approach Paramount, only UPN had gone and canceled Enterprise by that time.

It's thought that the Enterprise crossover episode would have filled the "Boomtown" spot in the first season, which was itself a replacement for another script that fell through, Paul Abbott's "Pompeii."

Lonemagpie February 10 2012 05:00 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
So who's writing it?

Relayer1 February 10 2012 05:17 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
I like both franchises a great deal.

I REALLY don't want to see them shoehorned into the same universe.

Fishfingers and custard...with a raktajino !

Admiral_Young February 10 2012 05:21 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
We don't know the creative team yet.

StCoop February 10 2012 05:33 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 5792854)
So who's writing it?

Good odds on Tony Lee.

StCoop February 10 2012 05:33 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Quote:

Relayer1 wrote: (Post 5792947)
I REALLY don't want to see them shoehorned into the same universe.

It's a bit of fun. What's not to like?

Allyn Gibson February 10 2012 05:35 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
Quote:

StCoop wrote: (Post 5793094)
Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 5792854)
So who's writing it?

Good odds on Tony Lee.

He's denied writing it in the Bleeding Cool forum. :)

However, I suspect that this is related to the "big" Doctor Who project he's mentioned several times on Twitter, especially around the time that it was announced that he was leaving the ongoing monthly.

By the way, if no one's noticed, according to the February PREVIEWS, Doctor Who #16 is the last issue of the ongoing. I suspect that this crossover will be taking its place. Hopefully, when it's done, we'll get another ongoing Doctor Who comic. :)

TigerBait February 10 2012 05:53 PM

Re: IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover
 
in the Peter David novel Treason, Soleta references running into a person that had a striking resemblance to the 10th doctor.

what other crossover references have there been?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.