The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   A new TNG series in the works!!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=160312)

JonnyNoomonic February 4 2012 12:43 PM

A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Greetings and salutations fellow trekies, I have come up with an awesome way to revive TNG. I have spent the last couple months developing a great concept that mixes TNG with reality T.V in such a way it would appeal to every man woman and child on the planet!

This show is based on the next generation tv series. The cast of the show including would dress up as characters from the TNG series, while the cruising around in outer space as they party on the bridge. There would be strobe lights, disco lights, alcoholic beverages would be served in abundance and the music would be non-stop. The cast would get hammered on Hennesy and Cryztal while they dance and crump away in search of interstellar rap battles with alien races. The battles will be a melange of cyber, video conference and occasionally the rappers involved will be beamed to a location where the rap battles will occur.

I have taken some suggestions from the users of trekBBS to come up with an all-star cast.

http://s18.postimage.org/wdxf4xv94/trekbattle.jpg

The show will star:
Nicki Minaj as Troi
2pac as picard
Missy Elliot as Dr. Beverly Crusher
Vanilla Ice as Riker/#2
Eminem as Data
Queen Latifah as Guinan
Flava Flave as Geordi Laforge
Snoop Dogg as Lt. Worf

Will have guest stars(as alien rap crews):
Kid and play
Insane Clown Posse
Coolio
D12
NAS
JaY z
Usher
Little wayne
The list goes on...

I know there is a lot of controversy regarding Tupacs untimely demise. For this tv show Tupac will either need to come out of hiding or a look-a-like such as Josh Harraway will be cast as Tupac.

I'm thinking that this could possibly become the greatest show ever. I really need the support of all the wonderful, talented and loyal trekies to make this a reality and come to fruition. I know that together we can make this happen. If we can get this T.V show up and running, the entire world can once again bask in the glory and splendor of Star Trek TNG and my magical idea.

There has already been an overwhelming amount of support from the general public as well as fans of the other artists I plan to cast. It seems that a lot of people would like to see this show happen and I truly hope that TNG fans do too!

Please let me know what you guys think about this concept. Any feedback( positve or negative) would be greatly appreciated!




--
JN

BillJ February 4 2012 02:45 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Mama said if you don't have anything nice to say... not to say anything at all.

Sandoval February 4 2012 03:14 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Is there anything sadder than a person spending their weekend signing up and spamming a Star Trek messageboard?

I mean out of everything you could've done you chose this. How bad were the other possibilities!?

JonnyNoomonic February 4 2012 03:45 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 5748859)
Mama said if you don't have anything nice to say... not to say anything at all.

I would really love to know how this post is "not nice". This is a polite post and is not negative in any way shape or form.

Quote:

Sandoval wrote: (Post 5748937)
Is there anything sadder than a person spending their weekend signing up and spamming a Star Trek messageboard?

I mean out of everything you could've done you chose this. How bad were the other possibilities!?

Spamming? what are you talking about? I signed up here weeks ago and spent 5 minutes making this post. This post is 100% legit and in no way constitutes spam. And there is something much sadder than spam, it's Trekies that take dumps on other trekies ideas and dreams!


When i asked for feedback (positive or negative). I was asking for feedback about the concept. I wasn't really asking people for negative assumptions and judgments about the post itself.

BillJ February 4 2012 04:09 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

JonnyNoomonic wrote: (Post 5749036)
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 5748859)
Mama said if you don't have anything nice to say... not to say anything at all.

I would really love to know how this post is "not nice". This is a polite post and is not negative in any way shape or form.

This was in reference to my thoughts on your project. Not implying the post itself was impolite.

Any post that has Tupac playing Picard probably isn't going to be met with open arms in here, even if it's in jest.

Though the photoshop is nice, somehow missed it the first time around. :techman:

JonnyNoomonic February 4 2012 04:16 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 5749126)
Quote:

JonnyNoomonic wrote: (Post 5749036)
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 5748859)
Mama said if you don't have anything nice to say... not to say anything at all.

I would really love to know how this post is "not nice". This is a polite post and is not negative in any way shape or form.

This was in reference to my thoughts on your project. Not implying the post itself was impolite.

Any post that has Tupac playing Picard probably isn't going to be met with open arms in here, even if it's in jest.

Though the photoshop is nice, somehow missed it the first time around. :techman:

Thanks for the feedback Bill. I personally think Tupac would make a great captian, but perhaps someone else would be better for that role. :techman:

Tora Ziyal February 4 2012 04:30 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

JonnyNoomonic wrote: (Post 5748682)
I have spent the last couple months developing a great concept that mixes TNG with reality T.V in such a way it would appeal to every man woman and child on the planet!

The only people I can imagine it appealing to are science fiction fans of the hiphop generation.

But "reality" TV with a dead man playing a fictional character -- I love it! :lol:

sojourner February 4 2012 07:44 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Remember, Tupac is caput spelled backwards.

RandyS February 5 2012 12:31 AM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

JonnyNoomonic wrote: (Post 5748682)
Greetings and salutations fellow trekies, I have come up with an awesome way to revive TNG. I have spent the last couple months developing a great concept that mixes TNG with reality T.V in such a way it would appeal to every man woman and child on the planet!

The concepts of "Star Trek" and "Reality TV" are mutually incompatible.

Think about it.

And, Rap is a bad idea no matter what the show. I've never passed on a Star Trek show or film in my life, but the inclusion of rap music would be the ONE way to get me to.

BennyRussel February 5 2012 04:32 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Considering my avatar, I guess I should comment on this thread.

I think a rap battle in space could be a funny concept, but it would not have anything to do with Star Trek.

Also I do not like the idea of them getting drunk all the time.

This seems like more of a Saturday Night Live (or Chappele's Show) skit than a real series of shows.

The again, I thought "Jersey Shore" wouldn't last one year.

Holdfast February 5 2012 04:59 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Awesome thread. :guffaw:

BTW, it's Cristal not Cryztal. Small-timers..... :p

Tora Ziyal February 5 2012 05:13 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

BennyRussel wrote: (Post 5754751)
I think a rap battle in space could be a funny concept, but it would not have anything to do with Star Trek.

Sure wouldn't.

Photon February 5 2012 07:24 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Quote:

Sandoval wrote: (Post 5748937)
Is there anything sadder than a person spending their weekend signing up and spamming a Star Trek messageboard?

I mean out of everything you could've done you chose this. How bad were the other possibilities!?

Agree w/Sand....this is pathetic.

Pls, volunteer, get a job, take up quilting, learn Mah Jong...do something a little productive.

Anji February 6 2012 04:09 AM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
To quote a great man: "Say there laddie, would you care to re-phrase that???"

Admiral Buzzkill February 6 2012 04:06 PM

Re: A new TNG series in the works!!!
 
Cast Nicki Minaj as Data and I'm there.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.