The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So What Are you Reading?: Generations (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=154375)

captcalhoun December 22 2011 08:23 AM

So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I'm currently reading Plan of Attack by Dale Brown

ronny December 22 2011 08:38 AM

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Took me a few seconds to get the title of the new thread, but I like it. :techman:

Just finished up Perdido Street Station by China Mieville. Just amazing.

Started Mainspring by Jay Lake. Not that far into it but I'm not sure it's going to do a lot for me. And also a little way into The Kingdom of Shadows by K.W. Jeter. Can't judge it yet.

King Daniel Into Darkness December 22 2011 09:58 AM

:lol:I love the thread title!

I'm currently reading "Double Helix #5: Double or Nothing". Before that, I read "Captain's Table: Once Burned" and loved it. It really warmed me to Calhoun, who was my least favourite NF character.

bfollowell December 22 2011 12:55 PM

Just started the Epilogue of TNG: Q&A and will be moving on to TNG: Before Dishonor later today. I'm closing in on Destiny and can't wait!

- Byron

Deranged Nasat December 22 2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

KingDaniel wrote: (Post 5466307)
:lol:I love the thread title!

I was going to say that. :lol:

captcalhoun December 22 2011 05:59 PM

glad everyone liked it. i thought it'd be better than 'part vii' or something.

Starbreaker December 22 2011 07:18 PM

Gonna wrap up Watching the Clock and Paths of Disharmony before the end of the year. I have Christmas Day - New Year's Day off so I ought to get a lot of good solid reading time in.

Keturah December 22 2011 11:03 PM

I'm on Stone and Anvil. One of my fave New Frontier books.

Smellincoffee December 23 2011 12:18 AM

I just finished Stephen King's 11/22/63. I picked it up from the library on Tuesday afternoon, began reading it yesterday morning, and that's how I've been spending my free time since then. I don't read a lot of King (horror isn't a genre that attracts me), but this -- utterly captivating. I have a perverse attachment to the 50s/60s (was raised on that music and television from the era), so the sheer amount of immersive detail King threw in would have thrilled me, even if the storytelling wasn't so compelling. There's a subtle shade of horror and anticipation throughout the book, and the ending...

Suffice it to say, I think it tops my list of King books. I wonder if Christopher has read it, given the time-travel angle.

Christopher December 23 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Smellincoffee wrote: (Post 5469730)
Suffice it to say, I think it tops my list of King books. I wonder if Christopher has read it, given the time-travel angle.

I'm not a King fan, and it's not like I go out of my way to seek out time-travel fiction all the time, just when I was in the process of developing and writing Watching the Clock.

Kertrats47 December 23 2011 01:58 AM

Ha, excellent thread title! Nicely done! Glad I wasn't the one to start it, I wouldn't have come up with that.

MattWallace December 23 2011 01:59 AM

Currently reading The Star Wolf series by David Gerrold.

Corran Horn December 23 2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Smellincoffee wrote: (Post 5469730)
I just finished Stephen King's 11/22/63. I picked it up from the library on Tuesday afternoon, began reading it yesterday morning, and that's how I've been spending my free time since then. I don't read a lot of King (horror isn't a genre that attracts me), but this -- utterly captivating. I have a perverse attachment to the 50s/60s (was raised on that music and television from the era), so the sheer amount of immersive detail King threw in would have thrilled me, even if the storytelling wasn't so compelling. There's a subtle shade of horror and anticipation throughout the book, and the ending...

I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I'm really enjoying it so far.

JD December 23 2011 02:39 AM

Picked up Kim Harrison's The Hollows graphic novel, Blood Work. I'm almost done with Paths of Disharmony (300/371 pages into it) and I'm think about working on it and some of the other GNs I've got piled up. The pile includes the second SW: Knights of the Old and Buffy Season 8 collections, and the SW:Mara Jade and SW:Union collections.

MasuPu'a December 23 2011 07:50 AM

Ilona Andrews' Magic Slays. After finally giving up on the Anita Blake series it's nice to find a decent urban fantasy series with a likable female lead. I just hope Andrews doesn't screw the shark the way LKH did later on.

I'm also starting Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick. So far, awesome read.