The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=146093)

Agent Richard07 August 6 2011 05:03 PM

House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
I found some interesting articles about the upcoming season of House. The first one basically says the following...

- Cuddy's job will be taken over by someone we know.
- The season will start off with House having been in prison for a while.
- Charlyne Yi has is joining the cast.
- Olivia Wilde is a big time movie star now and won't be on the show much.
- They're not approaching this season as if it were the last because Fox wants another season.

Read everything here.

As for who will get Cuddy's job, it will be one of these people...

- Dr. Jeffrey Cole (Edi Gathegi, Darwin from X-Men: First Class)
- Dr. James Wilson
- Dr. Eric Foreman
- Dr. Robert Chase
- Dr. Chris Taub
- Dr. Sam Carr (Cynthia Watros)
- Edward Vogler (Chi McBride)

Get the details here and vote in the poll above.

CorporalClegg August 6 2011 05:09 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Wilson is the logical choice.

In any case, I have doubts the show is going to be any good. I think the shark hath been jumped.

Robert Maxwell August 6 2011 05:15 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
The money seems to be on Wilson as Cuddy's replacement. And Fox really thinks they will get yet another season? Are they nuts? I thought it was a given Hugh Laurie wasn't going to do another after this one.

Serial thread killer August 6 2011 05:17 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Is a doctor allowed to practise if he/she has been in prison?

Agent Richard07 August 6 2011 05:23 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
I'd love to see Wilson take Cuddy's place. And if the show's budget is an issue, then putting him in that position makes more sense than hiring a new actor.

Quote:

Serial thread killer wrote: (Post 5146386)
Is a doctor allowed to practise if he/she has been in prison?

House can, due to his brilliance and charm. :p

David cgc August 6 2011 05:27 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Quote:

Serial thread killer wrote: (Post 5146386)
Is a doctor allowed to practise if he/she has been in prison?

It didn't stop Thirteen last season, and she was in prison for an offense specifically related to being a doctor.

Agent Richard07 August 6 2011 05:41 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
More news... Odette Annable is joining the cast. Read more.

When I was reading these articles, I wondered why they didn't bring back Amber Tamblyn, but apparently she had no intention of staying longer and it looks like she's got another show in the works (or did a few months ago).

CorporalClegg August 6 2011 06:06 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Eh. I don't care for her.

JiNX-01 August 6 2011 06:16 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Wow. Just reading the posts here I'm glad I stopped watching when the first signs of "this show is turning into a soap opera" surfaced.

Captain Dago August 6 2011 08:53 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 5146371)
In any case, I have doubts the show is going to be any good. I think the shark hath been jumped.

QFT. I'm not planning on watching.

Robert Maxwell August 6 2011 10:50 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Quote:

JiNX-01 wrote: (Post 5146471)
Wow. Just reading the posts here I'm glad I stopped watching when the first signs of "this show is turning into a soap opera" surfaced.

When was that, like the middle of the first season? :lol:

Starbreaker August 6 2011 11:11 PM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
It'll probably be Cynthia Watros...

JD August 7 2011 01:18 AM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
I think it would be pretty interesting character dynamic wise if Foreman became the new boss. Wasn't he already Houses boss briefly?

Saga August 7 2011 02:49 AM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 5146418)
More news... Odette Annable is joining the cast. Read more.

When I was reading these articles, I wondered why they didn't bring back Amber Tamblyn, but apparently she had no intention of staying longer and it looks like she's got another show in the works (or did a few months ago).

aw, i thought Tamblyn's character was very interesting. i had hoped she would join the cast this season. oh well.

HoneyBLilly August 7 2011 02:56 AM

Re: House: Season 8 News (Mild Spoilers)
 
I think it's going to be Dr Chase. Jesse Spencer signed a contract to come back for season 8.

But I want it to be Wilson.

Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 5146371)

In any case, I have doubts the show is going to be any good. I think the shark hath been jumped.

QFT


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.