The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Halo 4 & Halo Remastered (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=143238)

Servo June 6 2011 04:27 PM

Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

Well, it seems the cat may be out of the bag now due to a bit of a blunder. If the information in this IGN article is any indication, Microsoft will be announcing Halo 4, as well as a remastered edition of Halo: Combat Evolved, at E3 today. Their conference starts at 9am Los Angeles time (that's 5pm UK time).

Keep a close eye on those Twitter feeds over the next hour or two.

clint g June 6 2011 06:21 PM

Re: Halo 4 & Halo Remastered

Ugh the Halo Remake still looks like ass.....

Dac June 6 2011 09:07 PM

I'm as big a Halo fanboy as anyone, and even I'm apprehensive about these...

First up, Halo Anniversary. Does anyone else think this looks like a souped up Halo 2/low rent Halo 3? What happened to Halo Reach's graphics? If this is a 10 Xbox Live Arcade title then fair enough, but if they're going to charge a full 40 and put it out on disc, then WTF?

Halo 4: Why has the Chief got a jetpack? Why does Cortana sound different? Why does the Chief look different? Why is the ship they're on different? Why is the music crappy? :p

Is Marty O'Donnell back for this? At least the Chief sounds the same, but everything else in this very short teaser has left me with a bitter taste.

Jax June 6 2011 09:10 PM

I would be surprised to see Halo HD as a full price game and Halo 4 is going to be different because its a new trilogy, new story and new studio.

Dac June 6 2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Jax wrote: (Post 5017358)
Halo 4 is going to be different because its a new trilogy, new story and new studio.

A trilogy based off the previous one. A story that starts from the very end of the last one and a new studio that was solely created to maintain the look and feel of the Halo Universe. :p

Mutenroshi June 6 2011 11:42 PM

Happy dance!

-Brett- June 6 2011 11:50 PM

Bungie had a habit of making trailers that don't look anything like the game itself. I certainly hope that's still the case. The trailer did not look good at all.

Zero gee or not, the chief flipping around like a Jedi doesn't look right.

Herkimer Jitty June 7 2011 04:35 AM

Looks like the Halo Remastered is reusing character models and weapons straight from Reach.

Dac June 7 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Herkimer Jitty wrote: (Post 5018534)
Looks like the Halo Remastered is reusing character models and weapons straight from Reach.

The multiplayer certainly is. The campaign models still look low resolution though.

Dream June 7 2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Jax wrote: (Post 5017358)
I would be surprised to see Halo HD as a full price game and Halo 4 is going to be different because its a new trilogy, new story and new studio.

Damn, why does everything have to be a trilogy? :rommie:

MacLeod June 7 2011 02:09 PM

Is anyone really suprised that they are doing a Halo 4?

Halo 4: The Quest for more money.

Dac June 7 2011 02:24 PM

I'm not surprised their making a Halo 4 - hell, Halo 3 ended with a big juicy cliffhanger. I'm just surprised at how different it all looks. Like I've said before, it looks like that godawful Halo Legends anime and not the previous games.

Jax June 7 2011 02:38 PM

I guess being a casual Halo fan helps but I don't see any real difference, it was 30 seconds CGI trailer, can't judge anything. I can't help think some of this negative press is down to just its not Bungie so it must be crap.

Dac June 7 2011 02:53 PM

Here's the official site it seems. For now at least:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4

It has a couple of new pics, and an example of box art which I'm willing to bet is gonna change. I really don't like that new armor though. Way too generic.

Mutenroshi June 7 2011 03:28 PM

So, John-117 meets Unicron...