The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!** (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=142894)

StarTrek1701 May 31 2011 12:24 AM

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, the highly anticipated prequel and fifth film set in Marvel's X-Men movie universe, opens on June 1, 2011.

PLOT:
"X-MEN FIRST CLASS charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men."

The movie stars:
James McCavoy as Prof. Charles Xavier
Michael Fasbender as Erik Lehnsherr
Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw
Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme
Jason Flemyng as Azazel

X-MEN FIRST CLASS OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Movietickets, Fandango - for showtimes in your area.

Please grade, discuss, and tell all of us how much you enjoyed (or not!) the movie. :)

Skywalker May 31 2011 12:25 AM

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Strange, you don't look like ObiWanShinobi. :vulcan:

KB24 May 31 2011 12:41 AM

Long live the thread! :)

Although you know, after all this, I think I'm going to miss the anticipation old one!

RoJoHen May 31 2011 12:41 AM

May 1st, huh? I had no idea it's been out for a month already! :p

Admiral_Young May 31 2011 12:45 AM

Yeah @StarTrek1701 you don't like like ObiWanShinobi at all...and I had no idea that the film came out before "Thor" did.

StarTrek1701 May 31 2011 01:04 AM

Sorry, the date has been corrected. :) @Admiral_Young, I have nothing against anyone. Just thought after all this time I should start a grading thread. I am a big fan of the X-Men so I thought I'd give it a try. :)

Skywalker May 31 2011 01:09 AM

The only thing is it's generally whoever started the pre-release thread that gets first dibs on starting the grading/discussion thread. I'm sure ObiWanShinobi won't actually mind, but it would have been better to wait and see first.

Oh well, it's done and over with. :)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Admiral_Young meant to say "You don't look like ObiWanShinobi at all," but he accidentally typed "like" twice. Happens to everyone. :techman:

ElimParra May 31 2011 01:15 AM

I can't wait to see it tomorrow. Booked my ticket on the weekend.

Obiwanshinobi May 31 2011 01:22 AM

It's all good people. No worries. Let the grading commence! I'm gonna give it a blind preemptive A+!

Skywalker May 31 2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

ObiWanShinobi wrote: (Post 5000630)
I'm gonna give it a blind preemptive A+!

OMG fanboi alert! :lol:

I won't be able to see it until after the weekend. :sigh: Enjoy the movie, guys!

StarTrek1701 May 31 2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

ObiWanShinobi wrote: (Post 5000630)
It's all good people. No worries. Let the grading commence! I'm gonna give it a blind preemptive A+!

That's the spirit! I am gonna give Dark of the Moon the same rating without even seeing it first! :p

Emh May 31 2011 01:36 AM

I'm not sure will I'll be able to see it. I haven't had the chance to see Thor or Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yet. :(

Admiral_Young May 31 2011 01:47 AM

I'll be seeing this on Friday afternoon and again Sunday evening. @StarTrek1701...if Obi-Wan has no problem, then there is no problem, I'm excited for this film as well as everyone else! :)

KB24 May 31 2011 02:28 AM

Dragging the family on Friday!

Now let's see if this gets the fanboys in the spirit, presuming it works!

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...ael-fassbender

Dammit!

Too Much Fun May 31 2011 05:26 AM

I'm really anxious about this one. I still think "X2: X-Men United" is the best comic book movie so far and this may be the first top notch X-Men movie since that movie. Been waiting a long time for such a movie to come along. It would be nice to have more than one great X-Men flick out there in the world. :)