The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Strategic Designs TMP Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=142721)

Deathlok May 27 2011 01:10 PM

Strategic Designs TMP Enterprise

Hi,

Middle of last year I purchased the original Constitution class blueprints from Strategic Designs. Great stuff, loved them.
Beginning of this year I went back to buy the refit Enterprise blueprints. All I found was an announcment they were no longer in business.

I wish I'd bought both sets together...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if it is still possible to contact David Schmidt to see if it possible to buy the TMP plans.
Or perhaps you own a set and would be willing to sell them to me?

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read this...

DEWLine May 28 2011 02:11 AM

Re: Strategic Designs TMP Enterprise

If there's a way to keep those plans in saleable circulation, I'd also be glad of notice of such. I also consider myself a satisfied customer of certain other blueprint sets from that outfit. That the firm's disbanded...well, I wasn't happy, seeing as I was trying to make up my own mind as to which set would be purchase # 5.

wildstar May 28 2011 06:13 AM

PM me Deathok.

Deathlok May 28 2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

wildstar wrote: (Post 4995062)
PM me Deathok.

Hi Wildstar,

I don't have enough posts to PM anyone yet..... But I hope with a small amount of ingenuity, I have managed to send you a message by another means. Look out for it.

Many thanks.

Bernard Guignard May 28 2011 12:10 PM

I never did get around to purchasing anything from them and now I'm sorry I didn't do so when I could.

Brannigan March 20 2012 04:39 PM

I got the TOS Enterprise blueprints, but I too wish I could have gotten the TMP Enterprise set. If anyone knows where to find a set please let me know, thanks!

USS Intrepid March 21 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Bernard Guignard wrote: (Post 4995376)
I never did get around to purchasing anything from them and now I'm sorry I didn't do so when I could.

Likewise. I really wanted to get their Intrepid class plans at some point.

Ian Keldon March 21 2012 08:57 PM

I wonder if they'll show up on Cygnus X-1 now that the company has gone kerput...

Ptrope March 22 2012 07:28 PM

ALL PARTICIPANTS:

It is OK to suggest and/or link to outside websites that contain relevant information to the topic. It is NOT OK to suggest ways to circumvent any IP protection in place on those sites and thus to download content illegally - this is a warnable offense.

137th Gebirg March 22 2012 07:55 PM

Apologies. Still not sure why they asked Cygnus to take the stuff down if it's no longer available for purchase.

Mysterion March 22 2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

137th Gebirg wrote: (Post 6051343)
Apologies. Still not sure why they asked Cygnus to take the stuff down if it's no longer available for purchase.

Can't/don't speak for SD, but perhaps they intend to get their stuff back on the market at some point. If, in the meantime, everyone got the stuff for free they wouldn't e able to sell as much later on. Just a WAG on my part, though.

publiusr March 24 2012 09:21 PM

Very sad....

137th Gebirg March 25 2012 07:03 PM

Which part?

goose814 March 26 2012 07:06 PM

I would have loved to have gotten a set of the Klingon Bird of Prey prints, but like others I never new they had even been released until after their demise when I saw the prints at Cygnus X-1.

Brannigan April 12 2012 06:50 PM

I have great news for those interested. Cydonia 6, a site created by an SD illustrator Tim Palgut, is relaunching the blueprints. So far Intrepid and Defiant blueprints are available, but here's hoping the Constitution refit ones will be along soon! http://cydonia6.com/