The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Infamous 2 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=142081)

JD May 15 2011 04:35 PM

Infamous 2
 
The first Infamous is one of my favorite games and it looks like this one will be even better. This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Here's the description from the official website:
Quote:

The BEAST is coming.

A being of pure power and destruction is annihilating the
East Coast. To stop this menace, Cole must find the key to
unlocking his undiscovered powers hidden deep within New
Marais. Standing in the way is a power-hungry dictator that
will stop at nothing to rid him from the city. Gain enough
power to defeat The Beast or witness the destruction of
the world.
Save the world or destroy it.
And the newest trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWVyU...layer_embedded

Haggis and tatties May 15 2011 05:11 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
I will once again look forward to some shard hunting.

Lookingglassman May 15 2011 08:49 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
I loved the first one. My only complaint was after the game was complete, there really weren't alot of side missions to do afterwards. All I got to do was run around the city and shock people, but that was about it.

Jono May 16 2011 06:10 AM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Wait, we get fire and is that ice powers now? Man, I need to start following the game...

JD June 7 2011 05:44 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Wohoo, it comes out today, and I will be getting it as soon as I get off of work. I can't wait, I played the demo a couple days ago and it was awesome.

Rincewiend June 7 2011 09:19 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Quote:

Jono wrote: (Post 4967411)
Wait, we get fire and is that ice powers now? Man, I need to start following the game...

No, it's the karma...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRSle...1&feature=fvwp

SG-17 June 9 2011 02:38 AM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Quote:

Haggis and tatties wrote: (Post 4965910)
I will once again look forward to some shard hunting.

Shard hunting is easier now that there is a power that makes it so when you ping (press L3) the closest shard will appear on your minimap no matter how far you are away. So no more hunting for hours for the 305th shard.
Quote:

Rincewiend wrote: (Post 5020366)
Quote:

Jono wrote: (Post 4967411)
Wait, we get fire and is that ice powers now? Man, I need to start following the game...

No, it's the karma...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRSle...1&feature=fvwp

After you beat the game on the opposite karma (from the first time) you gain access to both sets.


Also:

Lookingglassman June 10 2011 12:13 AM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Got the game and it is okay so far. I like that I dont have to earn all my old powers back, but I don't see anything really different when it comes to the missions.

JD June 10 2011 06:29 AM

Re: Infamous 2
 
I got it on tuesday and I'm loving it. Is it just me was Wolfe played by Rene Auberjonois?

Lookingglassman June 11 2011 05:20 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
It is getting better, but so far I havent gotten any ice powers yet, but I did get the cool tornado vortex one.

JD June 11 2011 11:19 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Ooh, I love the Ionic Vortex. That thing is awesome.
Does anyone know where I put in the code to get the special pre-order download from Gamestop? I have the code, but when I was playing yesterday I couldn't find anywhere to put it in.

Rincewiend June 12 2011 08:39 AM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Quote:

JD wrote: (Post 5029760)
Ooh, I love the Ionic Vortex. That thing is awesome.
Does anyone know where I put in the code to get the special pre-order download from Gamestop? I have the code, but when I was playing yesterday I couldn't find anywhere to put it in.

On the XMB go to account management, the square smiley with the pencil...
Select it and there should be a submenu choice called redeem code...
Select it and enter the code...
The paper with the code should have instructions for it as well, but those usually send you trhough the PSN Store...

DS9forever June 12 2011 04:44 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
I actually went for Red Faction: Armageddon as it seemed to get better reviews.

Rincewiend June 12 2011 06:49 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Quote:

Lookingglassman wrote: (Post 5029247)
It is getting better, but so far I havent gotten any ice powers yet, but I did get the cool tornado vortex one.

You get the ice/fire powers about halfway through...

Lookingglassman June 12 2011 08:33 PM

Re: Infamous 2
 
Quote:

Rincewiend wrote: (Post 5030919)
Quote:

Lookingglassman wrote: (Post 5029247)
It is getting better, but so far I havent gotten any ice powers yet, but I did get the cool tornado vortex one.

You get the ice/fire powers about halfway through...

I just got my ice powers. I am trying to be good this time, but when I replay it I am going to go straight out evil!:devil:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.