The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS*** (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=140564)

Captain Craig April 17 2011 03:23 PM

THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS***

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...vie-french.jpg

It's time to finally watch this movie. The film doesn't open in the North American market until May 6 however it is having it's worldwide premier April 21 in Australia.

The embargo on reviews is to be lifted on Monday(4/18) so all the critics will have their voice heard. Use the following link to find out when THOR opens near you.

THOR official site.

THOR background at wikipedia.

THOR trailer at YouTube till I can figure out how to embed it. It's not Code, HTML or PHP how do you embed??

captcalhoun April 17 2011 05:10 PM

Re: THOR: Grading, Discussion, Review **SPOILERS***

you're a bit keen ain'tcha?

Whofan April 17 2011 05:22 PM

There's been about four reviews I've read and they're positive, so far. Then again, they're mainly from genre sites like IGN and Comic Book Resources.

sikkbones April 17 2011 05:28 PM

has anyone noticed that the toys are priced somewhere near to clearance prices for iron man stuff at the major retailers...

Turtletrekker April 17 2011 08:21 PM

An advance review that calls Thor "the best Marvel film yet". :techman:

Captain Craig April 17 2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

captcalhoun wrote: (Post 4893116)

Just being prudent. :techman:
It does open this week with the world premiere and all. Being a global community a place now exists outside the lead up thread for those to discuss the film.

Dream April 18 2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

sikkbones wrote: (Post 4893168)
has anyone noticed that the toys are priced somewhere near to clearance prices for iron man stuff at the major retailers...

The toys for Thor have been out for a month now. I was surprised to see them so early at my local walmart. The foam hammer was nice touch.

Thor is one of the movies I'm looking the most foward to which include Fast Five and Pirates 4.

To post embed videos, just get the youtube link from the address bar, then use the [yt] tags like this. Simple.

Saga April 18 2011 01:18 AM

yeah, i'm very tempted to buy the hammer and helmet and go watch the movie in full geek mode.

Dream April 18 2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: (Post 4894101)
yeah, i'm very tempted to buy the hammer and helmet and go watch the movie in full geek mode.

If you do that, make sure to do it at a midnight screening where fellow fanboys will also be attending. Any other time, you might get strange looks.:)

Saga April 18 2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 4894137)
Quote:

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: (Post 4894101)

If you do that, make sure to do it at a midnight screening where fellow fanboys will also be attending. Any other time, you might get strange looks.:)

true, but i have no shame.

Captain Craig April 18 2011 04:38 AM

Dream thanks for embedding that trailer. I used your instructions and they worked in the 'preview message' but didn't upload once I hit submit. :shrug:
Guess I'll have to keep playing with it.

I have bought the helmet and smaller foam hammer. Don't look for me to wear them to the movie though.

Admiral_Young April 18 2011 04:50 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie but after reading the leaked script a couple months ago I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was. Maybe the first time where this has occurred to me.

CorporalClegg April 18 2011 04:54 AM

You know, not being the biggest Marvel fan in the world, I really wasn't paying notice (or caring) about this. But after seeing a few trailer, I might have to go check it out.

Quote:

captcalhoun wrote: (Post 4893116)

It would cost you a groaning to take off mine edge.

Or something. :p

Skywalker April 18 2011 05:06 AM

Yeah, for some reason, if you preview a post with an embedded YouTube video, the video disappears.

Davros April 18 2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Turtletrekker wrote: (Post 4893507)
An advance review that calls Thor "the best Marvel film yet". :techman:

Better than Howard The Duck?