The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Marvel gets a new Editor-In-Chief. JoeQ is CCO (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=134668)

coolghoul January 4 2011 07:53 PM

Marvel gets a new Editor-In-Chief. JoeQ is CCO

According to comicbookresources.com

Quote:

In an unexpected change to start the new year, Marvel Comics today announced that longtime editor Axel Alonso has been promoted to the position of Editor-in-Chief, replacing Joe Quesada in the job. After an over ten-year run at the helm of the company's publishing, Quesada will continue in his role as Chief Creative Officer for Marvel Entertainment.
I don't really know too much about Axel Alonso. I guess JoeQ is going to concern himself more with the Marvel movies or something.

How does this affect the future of Marvel? And storylines that are in play? Will it perhaps bring Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker back together - something that some fans (including me) still want. Is he a believer in a single Spidey? What about the other franchises? X-universe has been kinda a vague black hole to me recently. Hopefully the new blood revitalizes Marvel.

Apologies if this is a dupe post.

Captain Craig January 4 2011 08:29 PM

Re: Marvel gets a new Editor-In-Chief. JoeQ is CCO

Is it too late to hope for a retcon of the retcon that ruined Spiderman?

Hound of UIster January 4 2011 08:32 PM

Alonso was the one that put Reggie Hudlin on Black Panther.

Dar70 January 4 2011 08:52 PM

Marvel is so screwed up now I doubt a new EIC will make much difference. I started going to the comic shop with a friend who has gotten back into them. I have done a lot of browsing, not only does DC have way better art in their books but the storylines are much better. Marvel has contiued to degenerate not only in story, and art work but also have seemed to revert back to their horrible crossovers.

Admiral Buzzkill January 4 2011 08:56 PM

Hey, if Hal Jordan can be Green Lantern then Parker can get back together with M.J. :lol:

Chaos Descending January 4 2011 09:51 PM

Wake me when JoeQ is booted from the company, beaten half to death in a back alley, burned to a crisp, and then buried in a shallow, unmarked grave.

Turtletrekker January 4 2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 4635639)
Is it too late to hope for a retcon of the retcon that ruined Spiderman?

There is always hope...

C.E. Evans January 4 2011 11:34 PM

I think this is just making official stuff that has been pretty much going on already the past several months at Marvel. Alonso had been pretty much a de facto EIC while Quesada has had his hands full dealing with the non-publishing aspect of Marvel Entertainment, IMO...

I don't know if Alonso will continue to oversee the X-Men line, but I do think it's time for a change there and elsewhere.

CaptainCanada January 4 2011 11:49 PM

Not surprised, really; Quesada's responsibilities elsewhere have been expanding dramatically over the last few years, and he's been EIC for as long as anyone other than Stan Lee has ever held the position.

Admiral_Young January 5 2011 12:42 AM

This doesn't surprise me either. Alonso used to be in charge of Spider-Man back in the day I believe, during the end of the Clone Saga. As for changing current plans I don't think this decision will affect this years plans...could effect future plans though. I'm just glad that Joe Q is no longer EIC. CCO is fine, he was elevated to that newly created position last year. It is also what Geoff Johns is at DC Ent.