The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A TrekLit Christmas (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=134214)

JD December 25 2010 10:16 PM

A TrekLit Christmas

I know we've done these threads in the past so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year.

So did anyone get any TrekLit or other Trek this year? Once my sister get's back into town I'm going be getting a B&N gift card from her, and at least some of it will be going towards Trek ebooks.

bfollowell December 25 2010 10:30 PM

Re: A TrekLit Christmas

Mrs. Clause got me the Star Trek: The Complete Comic Book Collection DVD. She also got me a Kindle 3 and a nice cover for it. I've finally started converting and reading the many, many Star Trek Microsoft Reader files I've purchased over the years but never got around to reading. I just started DS9: A Stitch In Time and am planning to read through the entire DS9 relaunch before I start the TNG/Voyager relaunch.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas, Trek or otherwise.

Thanks Sweetheart. You're the best!

- Byron

JD December 25 2010 11:49 PM

Ooo, I've been working my way through the comics collection for the past year or so, and I've really enjoyed it. There have really been some great Trek comics over the years. I need to get back to it, I haven't read anything in it in months.

tmclough December 26 2010 12:19 AM

I received two of the Trek-related items I asked for. One of them is often highly endorsed in this forum--Voyages of the Imagination. The other is one of those items that you either love it, or you hate it, or possibly both (Masochist!), but not neither. That would be the "music" CD Spaced Out: The Very Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner.

indianatrekker26 December 26 2010 12:27 AM

i received a gift card for christmas to barnes and noble. I'm hoping Typhon Pact: rough beasts of empire comes out. Or i might use it for the myriad universe books. But i don't know how good those myriad universe books are. I have read the mirror universe books which i enjoyed.

David R. George III December 26 2010 12:52 AM

^ I have it on good authority that Rough Beasts of Empire has been spotted in bookstores.

Count Zero December 26 2010 01:26 AM

Yeah, I already got it sent to me a week ago and I'm on the other side of the Atlantic (or something like that, I'm not very good at geography ;)). It's very good so far.

BillJ December 26 2010 01:29 AM

The Missus got me the IDW omnibus that collects the early 80's Marvel run.

William Leisner December 26 2010 01:49 AM

As a Christmas present to myself, I received the full 7 season DS9 DVD set.

I always seem to know exactly what I want.

BolianAuthor December 26 2010 02:25 AM

My uncle got me a copy of the "Where No One Has Gone Before" coffee table book.

Sxottlan December 26 2010 02:59 AM

I received the 2011 starship calendar.

Looks like a great one this year!

Trent Roman December 26 2010 03:06 AM

I received Zero Sum Game from my father, and my father received Zero Sum Game from my mother. We're coordinated that way. We'll return the extra in a few days, probably for one of the other Typhon Pact books since it's the same price point.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

Turtletrekker December 26 2010 03:41 AM

Wow. This is the first Christmas in... forever that I didn't get anything Trek related. Huh.

captcalhoun December 26 2010 08:37 AM

i got the first two TyPac books and Myriad Universes III is in the post.

Cybersnark December 26 2010 04:56 PM

Haven't visited all branches of the family yet, but my mom (probably the only one who actually checks my wish-list) got me "Seize The Fire" (a.k.a. the first thing on the list that the store clerk found).

I also got a Chapters/Indigo/Coles card from one set of cousins (which is about what I can expect from the other sets of cousins, really).

My family kinda sucks at gift-giving.